Is there a way to stop auto-menu for a timelapse record?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by kilmannan, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I've seen a few things kicking about but I think they're out of date now.

Is there a way to stop the menu from popping up when you Alt-Tab? I want to do a timelapse but do other things with my PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  3. So you want to be able to run Minecraft without the window having focus? Did I understand that correctly?

One possible solution might be to run it in a VM, though depending on the quality of your computer, and the quality of the VM you use, that might not run too smoothly. Alternatively, you could mod the minecraft code (or look for an existing mod, perhaps) that removes the menu... that's all I can think of.
  4. There is probably some bloatware that says it does this somewhere...
  5. i think he means the ingame menu, just open your chatbox, that keeps it from opening on alt-tab
  6. If you're meaning your computer, switching menus between applications... you could always try to run a 'multi-desk' and press and use your scroll bar to switch between screens .... but while recording use a screen capture not a desktop recorder... depending on your computer you could possibly go to an engine control center and set it up ... if not, try searching for it on cnet or a search engine, it's a program called the same thing 'multi-desk'