INKBLOB - An Ingame Newspaper - MASSIVE REVAMP!!!

Discussion in 'Selling' started by Alukiann, Jan 13, 2018.

1. INKBLOB - INGAME NEWSPAPER - Buy at SMP3 at /v +Library!
    It now costs 40 rupees, and after the third edition comes out, the first will no longer be available. :D LET'S MAKE THESE VALUABLE!

You know, the revamp really isn't all that big - Well, I guess it is. IT'S NOT CLICKBAIT OKAY?

Alright. The second edition of InkBlob will be out tomorrow, January 14th 2018! If you missed the first one, it's still available. INKBLOB IS AN INGAME NEWSPAPER. Here's all the information you need to now, and NEW UPDATES.

Subscriptions are opening up! For those who are truly interested in reading this, I am opening up subscriptions. For a small cost, you will get the next five issues mailed to you. I would like to do it forever, however, imagine someone quits and I don’t notice. I just need to keep it fresh. And it's for sale at the Library anyway. (/v +Library on SMP3 GO AND SPEND ALL YOUR TIME THERE)
    Cost: 150 rupees

P. S. The cost is 45 rupees cheaper than going and buying books, because as much as a love people coming to the library and collecting a book - It’s hard to remember to keep checking there! And I actually want people reading my book - I work hard, this is quality stuff! At least I worked hard on it. ;-;

TO GET A SUBSCRIPTION PAY ME AND MESSAGE ME!!! :D That's it!

When you read, look at the colors! WHO HAS THE TIME TO DO THAT?!? You're welcome!

Also, ADS! I’m going to be adding Ads to InkBlob! (Is it InkBlob or the InkBlob?) These ads are going to have a base price, and you can get a half-page or full-page. However, I need to know what colors you need, you’re basically going to have to write it out for me in a message on the forums so I can copy it over. (I will fix grammar mistakes) I’m trying this out - However, I actually write a lot on InkBlob! So if I get too many ads I might:
    -Start spreading ads across different issues
    -Auction them off/charge more
    -Write more editions :D

The first edition of InkBlob was 49 pages, and I added 1 page of nonsense for fun. And I know I can spare five pages, but like - I don’t know. So the price for having an ad in the THIRD EDITION of InkBlob will be:
    Full page - 3k
    Half page - 2k

I absolutely HATE selling 3k for a page on a piece of paper, but I don’t want it so cheap that everyone’s like - OH, well, why don’t I get an ad just so I can afford it? We’ll see. I’m testing an ad in this just to see how it goes. I might scrap this entire operation.

LIMIT ONE PER PERSON. (Could you imagine? xD) Here goes nothing. Message me on the forums. TO SHOW THE AD TO ME YOU HAVE TO SEND ME A BOOK INGAME WITH WHAT YOU WANT THERE TO BE SO I CAN TRANSFER IT OVER! :D

I love writing. :)

Also - I feel like this is kind of a disconnected thing - So... PLEASE BUMP THIS THREAD, don't be afraid to reply, I want people to know about this. Message me if you have any questions.
    Sandakumaran likes this.
  2. Tonight/Tomorrow the Second Edition will be out - Featuring Social Classes on EMC and more! I am also halfway through a Special Edition, a Wastelands Guide for every server! ^-^ Get a subscription!
  3. Just grabbed both the first edition and first special edition copies. Can't wait for edition 2!
    q1zx likes this.
  4. Out tomorrow! :D Should be great.
    Laae likes this.
  5. WE ARE LIVE! Second edition of InkBlob is out! 37r each!
    Laae likes this.
  6. Edition 2 is go!
    Laae likes this.
  7. Just grabbed edition 2, can't wait to read =)
    q1zx likes this.
  8. Question, is this in any way related to the inkstain by hashhog?
    q1zx likes this.
  9. Absolutely! I messaged him and got permission to continue the Newspaper business, I would've chosen a more original name otherwise... I should credit him in the newspaper...

Did you read InkStain?
  10. Thanks! :D It makes meh happy when people actually read it!
  11. So this is InkStain being continued by you?
    q1zx likes this.
  12. Nah, I'm just making a separate newspaper called InkBlob. We currently have 2 editions and 1 special edition. When the third edition comes out I might remove the first edition from the shop.

But one day I found his newspaper, and that was a good day. I messaged him, and he gave me tips on starting a newspaper. Only I'm writing a lot. We'll see how long I can go before it dies! I want to make one every two weeks, but I've made 3 in two weeks... Lol.

Any other questions? ;)
  13. Can i put an ad on edition 3?
    q1zx likes this.
  14. Well, I've read Edition 1 & 2 and the Special Edition. I enjoyed it and laughed several times. The Special Edition was indeed Special. Bravo Zulu Q1zx!

As is consistent with any neighborhood paper, it is time dependent for the most part, so doing away with the 1st Edition would be fine to help preserve it's future value should it have a future. I've been on EMC maybe 1.5 years (Not that that's a long time) and haven't heard of InkStain.

As for getting News, I think there is a bit to be had should that journalist in you come out. I know I have seen a few things. The problem is getting that up-to-date info and to that I say Fair Winds.

As a note though, I had a hard time remembering where I was when I bought the editions and looked for it in your 'Paper'. I would advise having the Server and Res numbers on the cover page of each edition.

Keep it up
    -BZ-
    q1zx likes this.
  15. Thanks so much for the advice and compliments! It's excited to see and know that someone is reading them, and I will write that at the start, that's a great idea! :D I'm still working it out - Bit behind on the next issue but it's still going... Thanks so much!
  16. I just bought the SPECIAL and 2ND Editions. Thanks q1ax!
    FYI: It appears that the 1st EDITION is no longer available.
    q1zx likes this.
  17. There was a mistake, I think it will be available again. I was considering removing it.
    Sandakumaran likes this.