[Idea] Halloween Promo/Boss

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XendorDawnburst, Jun 12, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea?

Yes, I want it to happen! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
It's okay, I could go either way. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, we already have enough bosses and promos 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hey, troops!

Ever since the 1.9 Combat Update, I had an idea that could be added to the Halloween event! You see, with this update, almost all tools got a "recharge" aspect, where it takes time to be able to get the best hits. This means, if you spam your weapons, it won't do any damage, while waiting for for the weapon to charge up allows you to hit your opponent at your best! However, the only tool to not be given this debuf was the hoe! In fact, if you use commands to enchant the hoe with combat enchants, it can be considered the best weapon in the game (as demonstrated by CaptainSparklez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAwBJnI1cBY).

What I'm thinking is this: If we are to get a new Boss Mob for the Halloween event, the best option would be the Reaper! This could go any way that the staff chooses, but by giving him the regular Holiday Boss Health, as well as increased speed and strength, he would make a fun boss for people to challenge. He would spawn in either the Nether or the Overworld, and the message "A Foul Odor is in the Air!" His weapon would be "Death's Scythe," enchanted with Sharpness V, Knockback II, Fire Aspect II, Unbreaking III, and the custom enchantment Soul Bound! He would then, of course, drop the item as a new Halloween Promo!

Again, this is only an idea! The staff do not need to follow along with it, and I do not expect them to. And even if they do consider it, I would not expect the final product to be the same. Nevertheless, I do intend on making an Easter Egg on my res as a nod to this idea, so I wanted to make a post that explains where it came from.

Thank you for reading this article! I hope you like the idea, and I am curious as to what you think of it!

See you all later!

Xendor Dawnburst