I sure hope this is a travelling carnival..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitfed, Mar 11, 2012.

1. With the reset looming, my community and I are trying to get things wrapped up before EMC destroys it all.

Well guess what, we live on SMP3, and now that the 'fun fair' is there, I can't get all of my team on unless they become paying supporters.

Great.

I don't suppose it's possible, but I really wish this (un)fair moved around instead of making me regret building on SMp3.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  2. It will die down a bit eventually. It's a new thing, and everyone wants to see it. The reset hasn't been officially declared yet (don't quote me on that, I may be wrong), so you will still have time to gather your bits. It might just take a bit longer than expected. Good luck! :)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  3. Jeah dont over react about that. It will be plenty of time :) and I think if you get serious issues with it you can talk to justin once the reset draws closer. So staying cool is best :3
  4. Yeah the reset hasn't happened yet. Once it's declared, then you STILL have a week after that. That's plenty of time, and everyone will scatter to their home servers and you won't have to worry about them. Calling the amusement park unfair doesn't even make sense. They made it for everyone to enjoy.
  5. Yea... don't get angry. I'm sure if you ran around the amusement park for a few hours until midnight you would find yourself fairly happy and alone.
  6. I'm not exactly raging..

But this definitely does effect people on SMP3 more than others, which is not the most fair thing.
  7. The man has a point, and perhaps then this could have been put on Utopia (A currently under-used server). This would not only mean Utopia is busier, but because it's a Supporter server, the players that use it will always be able to get on anyway. (Non-Sups can still get on Utopia, they just can't /Wild or /Nether)

The initial surge will die down however, but it remains to be seen how much of a long-term impact it has on the Server population.
    bitfed likes this.
  8. The initial hype of a "new attraction" will level off after a little time, but i don't see it being a huge drain on system resources or causing any abnormal traffic regarding player numbers. Currently as i type this all servers are only about half full, so there is no waiting to join. The server traffic is usually a little slower at this time though, but i severely doubt that the creation of a community amusement park will cause a mass overload and influx of players on smp3 simply because of its existance. I imagine the time of day you are referring to which is hard to login is always hard to login at that time, so the amusement park traffic will have little to do with this.
    jlopez24 and Twitch1 like this.
  9. Exactly.
  10. All the servers were maxed out over the weekend so far, I don't think this was a result of the new amusement park :) We are talking about putting the amusement park on all servers though.
  11. Ooo yay.