I Appreciate My Body... [Body Positivity and Self-Respect Thread]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Impulsive_Egg, Aug 1, 2018.

1. As we all know, everyone has a body - but that's where our similarities end. Everyone is built different. We don't need to understand it, we just need to respect it.
    Feeling self conscious about yourself is a very, very human thing; insecurities live in all of us, and it's up to the host (that's you) to bring it to light and learn to appreciate who you really are.

Simply put, this thread is made to share your insecurities in a positive way, for you are not you without your flaws. Some dislike certain aspects of themselves, whether it be their scars, cellulite, stretch marks, moles, freckles, skin conditions, transition scars, or even their own mentality, these are all things that one has been conditioned to dislike, but can learn to appreciate about themselves. The first step is acknowledging them.

Take the thing you dislike about yourself and turn it into something positive. "I appreciate ____, [reasoning]. Your reason can be anything from realistic to characterization to something totally made up. You may not even have a reason yet, and that's absolutely okay!

• There will be absolutely NO shaming or making fun of in or beyond this thread!
    • DO NOT, in this thread, question anyone about their post without their express permission.
    • You DO NOT have to answer or post anything you do not feel comfortable sharing
    • Please be mindful of the words that you use, and make sure that they are positive words instead of negative
    • [ex: Horribly = negative | Wonderfully = positive | Fat = neutral description]

I'll start:
    I appreciate my crooked teeth because they are significant to my character
    SkeleTin007, q1zx and MoreMoople like this.
  2. I appreciate my acne because it looks like pizza and pizza is good
    Impulsive_Egg and Theomglover like this.