How to breed horses

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheFryedmans, Jun 6, 2018.

1. What it says at the title

How do i do it I will be on on saterday at 9am emc time round about if you want to show me 😁
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. First the horses need to be tamed. (If not by you by someone and you’ll need perms to breed them in town)

Second, you’ll need to give the tamed horses that you want to breed a golden carrot each.

Third... Wait about 5 minutes and give them another golden carrot.

*After feeding them the golden carrot, they’ll produce a baby.. Eggify the sucker and there you go.

*Use a stick to eggify the offspring

*right click the baby with the stick.. If you left click you’ll be a murderer.

* Murderers go to Azkaban
  3. OK thank you and how do i find the stats of the horse
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. There's a command for that; the stats are also displayed while the horse is a spawn egg (right-click while holding a stick to eggify).
    AncientTower likes this.
  5. /horse
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. Also when trying to tame a horse the stats ill be shown in your chat bar for the first time sitting on the horse. Also once the horse has been tamed and you've forgotten the stats just use the command /horse to see the stats of the horse you're riding.
  7. In addition to the above: be aware of the /stable command. This is a virtual stable, very suitable to use for horses and llama's. In town usage of /stable is free, outside town only summoning horses from the stable will cost you 100r but stabling them is free(!).

Meaning: if you want some good horses to start out with go into the waste, find horses, sit on them and quickly check their stats (as Tower already said: those will be displayed the moment you sit on the horse, even before taming it). If you like the stats just tame them and /stable store. If you didn't like the stats just try the next horse.

Then you'll eventually collect a (few?) horses ready for later usage. Continue until your /stable is full (You can expand it by using so called stable vouchers, up to 20 slots. If you have 10 stable slots then summoning horses outside town becomes free).

Go back to town, onto your res., and just /stable summon them, then you can use those to breed. (see also: /stable help and /stable (this will also list stats).

It's a lot easier to get decent horses when you already have some decent stats, than it is to start with mediocre horses and then try to get better horses.

Maybe another useful tip: there are players who provide high speed horses (like Christmas promo horses) for other players to breed with. Considering their high stats it makes your chances of getting high speed horses a lot better. The only problem is that I can't point you to any of those players, I've only heard this from friends but that's it.

Hope this can also help.
    AncientTower likes this.
  8. Thank you all for you helpfully advice
  9. If you need help breeding horses, check out /v 6666 (totally not advertising). I have quite a few 134+ speed horses there that anyone can breed.