How much to charge for rent?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AbstractToast9, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I'm looking at opening a few shops across a couple of the SMP's. I have an IRL friend who's going to be allowing me to open up shops on some of their res's as well. They will do the supplying and I'm going to be doing the stocking.

How much is reasonable to pay for rent? I was thinking maybe 5,000r to start? We both want to be fair, we just aren't sure what something like this would cost.

The only area I'd be using is approximately 20 levels underground and 15 above ground. The rest would be theirs to use.
  2. well, keep in mind: you MAY NOT sell residence permissions for rupees without selling the residence. If you do rent out something, you are ONLY selling access to [ACCESS] signs.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  3. I do not believe you may pay for residence flags/perms.

Edit: Ninja’d
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  4. Ohh, ok. I think those rules have changed since when I was last active.

Thanks for pointing that out! We'll have to do it differently then
  5. Actually, on the rules tab, it says this:

Which would mean, if I rented access to the first floor and basement of a multi story building, technically it would be acceptable. Would any lurking mods be able to confirm this?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Not flags, just access signs. There is a difference.
  7. All we'd have to do is decide that the container flag was complimentary, since we are friends I have already given them admin, just in case they need a tool or materials I have, or if they want to use my farms while I'm offline