[HIRING] Help with Map Art

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by supereskimo, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Hello everyone!
    I've been working on an in-game pixel/map art dedicated to iSMOOCH for quite a while now. Although I am making progress, it's still a very large task, and it would be a huge help to have more people working on it.

So here's the deal. I need people who:
    1. know how to use the Schematica mod (or can learn without too much help)
    2. are able to follow instructions carefully
    3. are free to work in the smp1 wild
    4. are comfortable building upward/downward using dirt blocks and water buckets
    The task will be to use the schematic file as a guideline for building a 128x128 structure in the smp1 wild. The Schematica mod will show unplaced blocks as a transparent blue. Correctly placed blocks will have their normal color, and incorrect blocks will show up with a red tint. You'll need to build the structure one column at a time, while placing torches to prevent mobs from spawning. It's kind of tedious, but not too hard once you get the hang of it.
    In exchange, I'm willing to pay 1000r per column completed. One column generally takes me about 10 minutes, so you should be averaging roughly 6k per hour (plus the time it takes to travel to/from the build site). I can provide all building materials/torches, food, a bed, and boats to get to/from the build site.

Even if no one is able to help, I'll keep working on the project. I just want to see it finished as soon as possible, both so that the community can have access to the map, and also so that I can move onto other projects. Also, understand that I was given 100k to do this project. Since I already have the materials, I'd like to use the rest to hire labor to speed up the job. If enough people sign up, I'll be paying out-of-pocket.

If this job interests you, please PM me so that I can give you the details and a copy of the schematic file. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them below. Thanks!