Help my mob spawner is extremely slow

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by g26curtis, Jul 11, 2013.

1. I built a skytrap where there are 4 8x8 platforms and 4 8x2 canals leading to a 2x2 hole

I am far from the ground and the mobs spawn slowly in the trap, there is no light and there are no players in the wilderness, so theoretically all the mobs should be spawning in my trap
  2. I can upload pics if you like
  3. Umm your theory is wrong.
    Mobs can spawn in caves under you even if you are high off the ground, so light up the caves.
    As well as only 4 8x8 platforms isn't very much spawning space for sky traps. My mob trap had 22 16 long strips with 2 on each side so 32 per platform and there were 22 of those so 32x22=704 which isn't even that many spawning spaces.
    So there is a lot to consider.
  4. My trap is at y = 200, and mobs can only spawn within a 128 block radius
  5. I used an x-ray text ture pack solely for the purpose of seeig what's wrong with the trap, I will delete it when the trap is working

The problem is only 3-5 mobs spawn and most stand there and don't move
  6. Ummm. Ummmm. X-Ray is bad, in any shape, or form. :I
  7. i need it to test why my mob trap isnt working, i used it and saw that the mobs are not moving

it is just a texture pack not the mod
  8. I still would not use it, ever. As it is cheating.
    3. Thou Shalt Not Cheat

Don’t use any mods or game exploits that give an advantage over other players. This includes see-through texture packs, modifications that allow you to move, jump or fly in a way not intended by the default game settings, and any game glitch or exploit that gives you an unfair advantage of any kind over other players. If you are caught cheating you will be permanently banned. If you are unsure whether a certain mod or other activity is allowed ask a moderator.
    jkjkjk182 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  9. maybe others in the world are reaching the mob limit with their traps.
  10. also, i highly suggest getting rid of that x-ray texture pack, even though its just a texturepack its considered cheating and cheating/hacking is not aloud on EMC
  11. but there is a good way to improve mob spawn rates. you should get alot of torches and lightup all of the surrounding caves around your location.
    and also make sure it is as dark as possible in your mob trap.

hope this helps
  12. Mob spawning is different on emc there is a 20 block density check, they will spawn in a shorter range than 128 (dont remember the range:confused:)

The 20 block density check means that if any mobs are within 20 blocks of the spawning pads it wont spawn more.

You all so have to be closer than 33 blocks x/z for mobs to wander/walk around. You Can be more than 33 blocks y cord for them to wander/walk around.

Mobs all so will not spawn closer than 24 blocks from you.

The best dark room grinder is one the uses pistons to push mobs to fall more than 20 blocks from the spawning pads. Like a gold farm or enderman grinder.
    It is never ok to use an X-ray on emc never ever :eek:
    Not even the glowstone and piston ones! just don't do it!

Iv'e build a few dark room spawners and you don't need X-ray to know if there working or not. Just know the mechanics.
  13. I'm sorry, but it's not ok to use xray texture packs... ever. Other players in this same situation would have to figure out what's wrong without the use of xray. Ahzeriel is 100% correct and we do specify xray texture packs in the Guide. OP can appeal his permaban in a conversation with me.
  14. Fine ill delete it, it says gives advantage over other players, It is not an advantage over others, it's for troubleshooting
    so does that mean it spawns mobs and then it won't spawn anymore until those mobs are out of radius
  15. Also then what improvements can I make to my trap to get it to work
  16. jkjkjk182, darkvilla and jrm531 like this.
  17. What does "op can appeal his permaban in a conversation with me" mean
  18. I would think it means you are banned, and you can start a private convo with Torian to appeal.
  19. It means Original Poster, which would be you.
    Ninja'd
    PandasEatRamen likes this.