[Help] Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sambish, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Hey all,

I just noticed blood's thread as well, I'm not copying it this is true :p I currently have a pretty decent quality gaming laptop. But it overheats too often due to the fan not running fast enough, I'm also looking to get a SSD as well. What different parts do you think I should get to make a "beast" rig? I want to start off by saying I'm only going for an Intel I5/7 CPU or Nvidia GPU :)

Hope you can all help!
    Sam :)
    bloodra1n likes this.
  2. Hey sam,

First of all a few questions that matter when building a beast pc/laptop:
    What's your current setup?
    What's your budget?
    What parts do you want to upgrade?

Besides that, the thread for my future PC might help you decide on some things: http://bit.ly/1nTlxGm
    Hope it helps!
  3. Hey,

Thanks for replying :) My budget will really depend on what I can get, I just want a decent priced but great performance PC. I currently have a gaming laptop with an I7, Nvidia 645m , 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD.
  4. If you post your budget I can recommend a nice build - it's impossible to really build one without knowing a budget.
  5. Well I'm in £ and most of you are $ :p
  6. A difference in valuta doesn't/shouldn't make a difference in YOUR budget.
    Please post your budget for the build, as it ensures that we can give you better help.
  7. Alrighty, I was just thinking that due to there's probably some US exclusive parts on certain websites. I'm going to say between £700-1300
  8. cddm95ace likes this.
  9. But anyways thanks! I'll look into that :)
  10. The only thing I will say is that a sound card and network adapter are missing from that.
  11. All motherboards since around 1998 contain a Networking Adapter and a sound card.
  12. Ignore that then xD When I've been looking at PCs I like to have a 7.1 card and wireless adapter. Sorry if I caused some confusion :p
  13. Motherboards (Especially that one) come with 7.1 built in, as for wireless, you shouldn't be gaming on a wireless computer at all, but if you really have too. Then USB might be a better option.
  14. This looks like a great build. The GTX 780 and i5 4670k will let you max out pretty much any game out there right now. Although it might be worth it to get the i5 4690k, Intel's newest processor line.