[HELP] Beacons in the nether?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Rhyblet, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just now, I tried to place a beacon + pyramid at the bottom of the nether to hopefully give myself haste 2. However, when I tried to insert an iron ingot to activate it, it acted as if there was no pyramid below it. There was a 4-layer pyramid, and I had removed all blocks (except bedrock, of course) above it to no avail. Help?
    Dufne likes this.
  2. It sometimes happens there is a netherrack block between bedrock layer, see if you can dig around the spot there and find if a netherrack block is preventing beacon to work. If not, just try to move pyramid and beacon one block to any side of your choice (that will require clearing above the beacon all blocks to the top bedrock layer again though). Had the same issue once too.
  3. Beacons can go through bedrock but not netherack. Clear a path straight to the bedrock ceiling and it should work.
  4. Yeah, what they said.

Also, I think the beacon light comes on without the pyramid if the beacon can see the sky. You could use this to quickly test.

edit: more info, if the light is on but the beacon doesn't activate, just wait a minute or try replacing the beacon. This happens on EMC all the time even in the overworld. Might be a mojang issue dunno.
  5. For anyone who sees this thread with the same problem, all blocks above it have to be transparent or bedrock. Requesting lock.
    Dufne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.