[Guide] Creating Threads

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by PenguinDJ, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Hello EMC. I usually get my ideas for guides from recently asked questions, and I've heard this one asked over and over as of late:

"How do I make a thread?"

It's pretty simple once you know how to do it. Some sub-forums don't allow threads to be posted, such as Empire Events and Empire Updates. Most sub-forums, however, can be posted on.

1. Finding the right section
    This might not be as straightforward as you might think. Visit http://empire.us/forums to view the forums, and select the forum you want to post on. Usually, there are guidelines for posting in a pinned post by a staff member, explaining what each sub-forum is for. Most of the time, though, it's self-explanatory. Have a suggestion? Post in the Suggestion Box. Auctioning off some wool? Use Community Auctions.

2. Creating the thread
    This part's simple, but so are all the steps. Once you click on the sub-forum you will be posting in, you'll see a button on the top right of the window that says "Post New Thread". Click that and you're good to go. If you're stuck, view the images below:
    2a. Let's say I wanted to post a thread on a new snapshot reviewing the features. I'd go to the General Minecraft Discussion forum.
    2b. This is where you'll click the Post Thread button. Note the giant red arrow:
    TopGenMC.PNG

3. Create your content
    Fill in the title, body, and (optionally) the poll with what you want to talk about. This is what the Empire will see, so make it good. I'm not going to give a guide on how to make a post, but if possible (and definitely in the products, businesses, and services forum) use correct grammar. It really is important.

So that's that! Another (short) guide done. Be sure to link people here if they ask how to make a thread. As always, if you want anything clearer and/or have a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!

-PenguinDJ