Groups n Guilds idea.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by louiskw, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ok, i have an idea that would implement a simple group/guild/clan system into emc. The groups are user defined and managed.
    You would first create a group with /g create [name] [nickname]
    then you would add members: /g add [name] [rank]
    within the group system would be 3 basic ranks: member, elder, admin.

So what is the point in having groups?
    With the [ACCESS] signs the second line could contain g:[groupname] to allow access to a group.
    /res pset g:[groupname] build true.
    Create a group shop with [groupname] as the name and its own bank account (or just the admins bank account).

There would be no hostile features such as /g declarewaroneveryone, this would keep the pvp side of ppl in hibernation.

Unfortunately i only know the basics of bukkit plugin programming. And am nowhere near the stage of trying something like this. If you have any ideas or knowledge of how to program this or help in any way please let me know! I think this is a good idea and hope you do to.
  2. this sounds good, but it would need some tweaks. PM a mod or justinguy to see what he can do
  3. I thought this thread could iron out some things before i take it that far
  4. Does anyone want to point out anything or comment before i submit this to justin?
  5. I think I read somewhere that something like this is basically in place already, it's just not in use. Why, I don't know, but I'm sure there's a good reason. Still, can't hurt to bring it up with Justin.
  6. Thanks, i'll look around for that