Grief proofing a 3D zone, maybe as a paying service?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Zbid, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Right.So today a player on the chat channel asked me if there was a way to check if his build was made while under the /buildmode protection or not (apart from using creepers or TNT). It reminded me of my own predicament : especially if you build something huge, that takes several days or weeks or monthes to build, you are bound to have forgotten at least once or twice to put buildmode on.

Hence your build could be griefed, and the idea nags at you like the sword of Damocles, slightly tainting your sense of achievement once the build is done. Therefore diminishing the fun.

I would suggest a way to griefproof a whole 3D area, similar to how the perm zones in the res are selected : a command with the two blocks of the two opposite extremities of a cubic area, and poof! the zone is griefproofed!

I understand this could be abused, so would need the supervision of a SS.
    I understand it could also be time consuming if a lot of people ask for all their build to be griefproofed in such a way.
    Therefore I wouldn't stall at having to pay rupees for it, even a lot, to be certain my prefered builds would be 100% griefproof.
  2. Thats only for blocks, not the air blocks.

And this wont be added as there is no need for them once the Empires comes out. Thats what i was told when i made this suggestion before.

I myself still find a need to stop greifs like the one i had a few weeks ago at my farm hub that required SS, Mods, and 5 players and took 6 hours to clean up. The need for the air block protection in an area of your build could have made that pain have no pain.

~Finch
  3. Which is why it's being added in the form of Empires :)
  4. But for those locations you can't make an empire is still an issue.
  5. Thank you all for your kind answers.

(I'm sorry I doubled on an already existing suggestion, but I couldn't find it in the lists on the 'already suggested thread'.)