Greetings, Sub-Earthlings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Reibuscus, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hello... that's a nice server you've got thaaaar... it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it... tssss...
    NO! BACK, CREEPER, BACK!
    Oh, hello there, Empire-Minecraft-type people! I'm fairly new to this whole server thing, so forgive me if I bungle things up horribly. I've already played a bit on the SMP3 server... and managed to get lost no fewer than three times. In fact, I'm currently trapped in a labyrinthian mine/cave/something right now. But, no matter! It's time to tell you some useless things about me, so we're more familiar with each other!
    • My username is Reibuscus.
    • I live in good ol' America.
    • I am terrified to death every time I hear a zombie growl at me. /shudder.
    Well, that seems to cover the basics, eh? And now I shall leave off with an important question!

Err, what's with the horribly mauled landscape surrounding the wilderness protected spawn area? The result of a mass griefer attack? No offense, but, shouldn't something be done about that? Forgive me if this issue is already being addressed: I'm a newbie, I didn't know! Eheheh. Now, with that wimpy statement, I bid you farewell, and happy mining.
  2. First off, welcome to the Empire!

Second, nice intro. Very enjoyable. :D

Third, that area right outside the protected spawn is meant to be a periodic reset area, and it's convenient, so most people go there to mine especially for simple things like stone or sand. (Not sure what's in the area on SMP3, though). Unfortunately, SMP1-4 are on older hardware, so the periodic reset doesn't happen. That means eventually the entire wilderness is likely to need to be reset, if it's going to be. But there's generally plenty of stuff to find if you venture out past it, and there's also the outposts that you can get to by using the portals right outside the main wilderness spawn area that take you much further out in the wilderness. Each has their own protected spawn area as well.

Hope you enjoy yourself. We're pretty friendly here for the most part, so if you ever need help, just ask!