GOOD TIPS FOR AUCTIONS AND SHOPS!

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by Stnywitness, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Hello Emc! I am going to share with you a few tips I picked up over my couple/few years of playing EMC. This will include tips on how to make your auctions better and how to draw people's attention, and also how to make your shop a lot better! Let's start with the auctions.

Tips on how to make your auction simply amazing:

1: I know this depends on the item, but try to keep your minimum starting bid low. If it's low, it will encourage people to continue bidding.

2: I have run into people's auction with a starting bid that is crazy high. NEVER DO THIS PLEASE. Try to keep your starting bid low. I know this depends on the item, but regardless of the item, keep the starting bid down.

3: Bump your auction fairly often. This will make people click on your auction more.

4: Please auction an item that people would actually be interested. I know people that have auctioned a DC of dirt. I have no problem with this, it's just that it would be helpful to you and other people if you kept the item something that people would actually enjoy.

5: Try to keep your "Auction ends after blah blah blah" not an incredible amount of time. If you have it as "auction ends 5 days after last valid bid" it gets pretty annoying. It's fine if you do it...just try not to.

Tips on how to make your shop simply amazing:

1: Keep your shop organized!!! If your shop is not organized, this will keep people from coming to your shop.

2: Keep your shop well-lit! I have gone to way to many shops (unfortunately) that are poorly lit. This will keep people from coming.

3: Be wise with what you sell. That's pretty much all I have to say for this category.

4: Don't have your prices sky-high! Don't be like the people who sell a diamond for 300...PLEASE.

5: Be kind when it comes to bargaining items. No comment on this one either.

Well...I think we have covered most of the tips. If you have any more questions, please post them below. Let me know if you liked this post! Thanks lots! And make sure to check out /v Stnywitness on smp2! ;):)

The_Mancub and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Bump! Good stuff in here.
  3. Great tips! Thanks for sharing :)
  4. Thanks Kloned!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. Item: q1zx Head
    Starting Bid: 10,000,000r
    Minimum Bid Increase: 8,000,000
    Auction Ends: One month after last bid

*bumps auction every three hours for eternity*
    Big__Kev likes this.
  6. I fixed your auction.. :eek:
    q1zx likes this.
  7. 150mil.

-

A wonderful guide you have here, I'm sure people will find it useful.
    q1zx and AncientTower like this.
  8. :DLOL
    q1zx and AncientTower like this.