Gokkura and the Elder One

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by fluffinator09, May 20, 2017.

?

Should more be written in this Universe?

Yes 1 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States, and will do the best of ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.” These words boomed out of the loud speakers over the mostly packed National Mall. The new president had just been sworn in, despite the terrible weather, which seemed to already spell doom on the new president, Jackson Delacour. He removed his hand from the Bible and began making his way down the line of people that stood next to him, shaking all their hands.
    However, before the second hand had been shook, a tremendous crash rolled over the National Mall, and all eyes instinctively went to the source of the sound. The Washington Monument was appearing to shimmer and turn black.
    Immediately the group of Secret Servicemen nearest the newly inaugurated president surrounded him, and drew their service firearms. The Washington Monument was now completely black. Suddenly a voice called out, but no one seemed to notice it. No one but Delacour. He whipped his head around and saw a man behind him, incredibly close, with what appeared to be some form of ceremonial sword down by his side. The figure threw back his hood to reveal an incredibly pale complexion, with dark, twisting tattoos covering his face, and making his features near indistinguishable. Delacour started to raise his hand to shield himself from what he felt was an inevitable strike from the man. Suddenly he was no longer on Earth. He was somewhere… else. He looked around with both wonder and sheer terror in his eyes.
    “Behold, the Universe that your kind so often ignore. This is the End of your kind, unless you listen to what I say, and take the actions I advise, otherwise, your kind, your very planet will be consumed by a being whose power is beyond human imagining. This being has a name. Gokkura is coming. Gokkura is coming. Gokkura is… here.” This voice that spoke was far deeper than anything that Delacour had ever heard, and far far more ancient. It held the tone of such power, power that was so dark and menacing, but held an incredible amount of purity in it at the same time.
    “You have less than an Earth minute to heed my words Jackson Reginald Delacour. When Gokkura arrives, a black obelisk will arise at where he will burst forth from his slumber. Your world was never meant to hold life, but a meddling cosmic geneticist and biologist ignored the Ancient Laws and created life on a Dark Planet, a Planet that was formed around a being of incredible power and malice. This being that is held captive by your planet is known as Gokkura. Gokkura the Maw. Gokkura the Devourer. Gokkura the Everlasting. Gokkura is now bent on exacting revenge upon your kind, and will bathe the Stars in the blood of the race that has made his imprisonment torturous to him, unless he is stopped. Your weapons are mere specks of insignificance against him, your thoughts: pitiful, and your people worthless. Do not lose hope upon these words however, as his awakening has disturbed the slumber of a being far more powerful.
    The Elder One.
    He has sent me, The Doomsayer, to warn you, and to issue this message of hope. The Elder One is coming to destroy Gokkura once and for all, and to right the wrongs of the Universe and restore balance between the Dark and the Pure.”
    The voice stopped and a light began shining in a far flung corner of the Universe. The Elder One was awake, and he was coming to save right the wrongs, to restore balance. The Doomsayer began striding across the Stars. Seemingly oblivious to the cacophony of screams and sounds of suffering that began to permeate very fibers of Delacours being. “Do not believe there is no price however. The Elder One chose you as the most influential human among the insignificance that is your kind. The price is simple, your fellow humans now face a choice. Unite under the Elder One’s banner and mantra, or be Devoured by Gokkura. There is no inbetween, no compromise to be made.” The Doomsayer paused. “I can feel the beginnings of a question forming in your mind, Jackson Reginald Delacour, so ask it.” Before the thought had completely formed in Delacour’s mind, the Doomsayer was answering.
    “You want to know who the Elder One is? And what it means to follow him? That is a question I do have time for, even though it will leave you wondering far more than you would have without the answer: The Elder One is not a supreme being, but THE supreme being of the universe. He feels all. He sees all. He knows all. Your people have several legends that are supposed to explain the Universe and higher powers. The closest one is actually one you may not expect. It is a minor, what you would call religion or cult. It is known as Zeraxanism, and is not known to your world at this point in the Universe Cycle. The cult died out a long time ago, and was scrubbed from memory by the order of your Catholic Pope Innocent the VIII. A man who believed the worship of one being, that did not pay attention to Earth at all, was pure hearsay and ‘Devil Worship.’ These followers were all massacred, and the only remaining teaching or record of them is kept in the Vatican’s secret Vault, that was buried under millions of tons of rock in 1654, after an explosion went off. The explosion was believed to be the work of those opposed to the worship of your God, but the truth is far more simple, but more Dark. This explosion was the first time Gokkura reared his ugly head consciously, as he feared that the truth of Zeraxanism would be revealed. The worship of the Supreme Being was feeding the injured Elder One back to full strength, despite your planet’s supposed insignificance in the Universal Cycle. This led Gokkura to the belief that this planet was destined for much more than to just be a prison for him. Even the Elder One does not know why, but the Universe has chosen your people, for something far greater than to just be an experiment on a Dark Planet. Now to follow the Elder One is simple. Your people must put aside your petty differences and arguments to see their higher calling and purpose. The people of this planet must band together and embrace true Balance. What this means is known only to those who truly accept the Elder One and his teachings, and to follow him means to be an extension of him, his Universal Army, if you will.” Again, the Doomsayer paused, but this time, when he spoke, there was something in his voice that Delacour could not identify. “No more time for questions or explanations, return to your people, and behold. Gokkura, the Maw is… awake.” Now he could identify it, fear was in his voice. This being who seemed to hold more power in a single spoken word, than the whole nuclear arsenal of Earth was afraid.
    Raaynn likes this.
  2. That scared Delacour far more than anything the Doomsayer had thus far said. “Now return to your people, and behold the power and majesty of the Elder One. Without pause, the new president was now back on Earth. He was also speaking, in a voice much calmer than he felt. “... and Defend the Constitution of the United States.” Was this possible, even for this supposed Elder One, to go back in time? He suddenly thought that the whole prior experience may have just been a hallucination. “Yes, that’s it. A hallucination,” Delacour thought. He smiled and went down the line, shaking hands of men and women who were prevalent in the previous administration’s government. He breathed a sigh of relief, as he shook the last hand, the former National Security Advisor, Neil Hart. Hart moved up to say something, but instead of the cool and collected voice that Delacour knew and respected a far different voice came out.
    The voice was that of the Doomsayer.
    The terror and panic was no longer in his voice, “Now, announce to your world. Gokkura is awakening, but remain calm. The Elder One is coming to restore Balance to the Universe.” Delacour turned pale and began sweating profusely, as the memories came flooding back, in sharp agony. He stopped. The voice of Neil Hart then said, “Mr. President? Are you ok?” Delacour responded quietly. “No, and may the Elder One save us.”
    He nearly collapsed as he realized what he said. He ran to the podium and shoved the speaking former President out of the way, grabbed the microphone amid several screams from the crowd, and shouted into the microphone in a hoarse voice filled with terror. “Oh my god, the things I have just been shown…” The crowd quieted with a curious feeling hanging in the air. “Everyone, Gokkura is awakening. I beg and beseech you. Quit gawking and run to the Elder One. He is our only hope. My god… RUN!” He screamed into the microphone before looking at a slightly darkened Washington Monument, and once again screamed “WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING THERE YOU FOOLS? DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? RUN! GOKKURA IS AWAKE!”
    The crowd started laughing, at this seemingly foolish and idiotic man screaming at them. But only for a second. Black lightning flashed across the sky. Thunder rumbled. Delacour whisper into the microphone, barely audible. “Oh no… he was right… and now I have doomed us all to extinction…” At this the crowd reached a tipping point. They started screaming and fleeing the National Mall.
    The ground started shaking.
    The sky turned red.
    The Washington Monument was now fully black.
    But everything was eerily silent.
    All the people were frozen, everything was still. Then a voice rang out across the planet, one full of malice and darkness.
    “Do not run, it is too late for that now. Besides, where would you go, that I could not be already?”

The crowd was no longer silent, they were in full on panic mode. Many fell down and began crying and screaming, certain the end had come. The people still running were suddenly thrown from their feet as the Obelisk exploded into dust. A great being arose from it, covered in scales. With the claws of a lobster, head of a bull, and the body of a man, Gokkura was terrifying to the very core of each human’s existence. He began laughing maniacally. And raised his hands above his head, clasped them and began to swing them rapidly towards the Earth, intent on freeing him from his Dark Planet prison.
    Mere feet before he connected with the surface beneath him, and the people upon it. He was brought to a sudden halt. A lone man was there, standing with his arms raised, and a familiar sword in his grasp. “No… it can not possibly be! You were supposed to be slumbering and injured!” The Doomsayer laughed at Gokkura.
    People got up, slowly with much shaking. But not a tear fell, not a voice cried out as a Universal strength overtook the people of Earth. The Doomsayer smiled at the beast before him and said.

“Now, you run. For the Elder One. He is here…”

Raaynn likes this.
  3. Nice. Reminds me a little of the Silver Surfer. :)
  4. Less comic book like. More terrifying lol.