Frontier (Wild) Strongholds

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cubefragment, Nov 26, 2016.

1. I have a couple of questions about this. Legitimate and factual information would be appreciated.
    Thank you in Advance, cubefragment.

1. How many strongholds are there in the Frontier (Wild)?

2. Does the End get reset in the Frontier or just the Wastelands?

Thank you again. :)
  2. You are only allowed to bump threads every 3 hours.

The frontier end will not reset, just the wastelands. Not sure how many portals exist in the wild though.
    Tuqueque and TasteOfTerror like this.
  3. I would also like to know this!
  4. Sorry I did not know the bump rule, my mistake. :oops:
  5. Up to 128 strongholds can be found in a world, but due to the small size of the Wastelands, only 9-19 can be found. They generate in rings around spawn, each equally spread apart.
    This part is directly copied from the wiki:

The 1st ring has 3 strongholds within 1408–2688 of the origin
    The 2nd ring has 6 strongholds within 4480–5760 of the origin
    The 3rd ring has 10 strongholds within 7552–8832 of the origin
    The 4th ring has 15 strongholds within 10624–11904 of the origin
    The 5th ring has 21 strongholds within 13696–14976 of the origin
    The 6th ring has 28 strongholds within 16768–18048 of the origin
    The 7th ring has 36 strongholds within 19840–21120 of the origin
    The 8th ring has 9 strongholds within 22912–24192 of the origin
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  6. Thanx WitherDoggie and Jay2a, for the replys. Another question then because I am stumped here, can the natural spawned stronghold be found using the eye of ender? I was out ove 17k/-17k from the stronghold I know of in frontier center. and when I throw them they are taking me right towards it. no direction change on them.:confused:
  7. Due to the way things went, we are not able to make Eye of Enders find original strongholds AND manual ones. They only find ones that SS have "registered" (which may of been manually placed)

It's unlikely we will get many vanilla ones based on the fact we pregenned the world out so far, but if you did encounter one by chance, you can report it to SS to have it registered.
    TasteOfTerror likes this.
  8. The wasteland will have the correctly generated number of strongholds for it's size since it is generated under current world rules. The frontier, however, since the frontier has existed from minecraft 1.2 there was only 3 generated. Overtime as the world gen was updated these original 3 became undetectable with endereyes. For the 1.9 update we added 3 new endportals (not full stronghold though) which can be found with enderpearls. So in each frontier there are 6 end portals, 3 detectable with endereyes and all roughly 750 blocks from spawn.
    We are currently discussing the option of adding more and were to add them but since these have to be added by hand I doubt we will ever have as many as 1.9 world generation allows.
  9. Some facts/hints to help searching players...

Warning: Finding a stronghold can be a tedious and difficult task. This is not for the faint of heart. The reward is meaningful*...end portals enable town teleportation via the end.

*at least until outpost teleportation is available
    • Extra stronghold rings are possible starting in 1.9
      • Pre-1.9 chunks won't have them.
      • Ender eyes won't find them.
      • Dark areas on the live map are your best option. But this is not a guarantee...there were versions of the livemap that only updated when players made changes to the chunks.
    • Strongholds are spaced evenly. If you know of one, you can greatly reduce the search area for others.
    • Strongholds can be torn up by lava pits and caverns making them very hard to find. You might get unlucky and be digging for a tiny stronghold under a lava pit at bedrock level. (This happened to me in SP, but I had an ender eye insisting it was there.)
  10. Thank you Aikar, BigDavie, and JesusPower 2, I know they are going to be tuff to find but I am a patient man.

Just out of curiosity, what are the air block sections out in the ocean?
  11. Likely terrain generation hiccups, do you know multiplayer minecraft is quite buggy. I would guess a good portion od Aikar's coding time on EMC is fixing bugs that should have been fixed at mojangs end.