Forum Idea

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by tshack235, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a suggestion, if we created a thread, we should be able to ban people from it.

i have had personal experiences with people i dont want to talk to invading my threads and not leaving (even when i ask, polite or not).

im not going to mention that person's name, but me and some virtual-friends know who i mean.

please take this into your to-do list Justin/Jeremy :)
  2. The problems I see with being able to ban people from your threads is this
    1. It denies some people the right to be heard. While on some threads this might not matter, other threads it could if it is a thread on what the EMC community could do. Because if you wanted your idea to sound good, you would just ban all opposition so anyone who commented was in support.
    2. This could also be used to go behind peoples back to bad mouth them. Anything said about a normal player outside of a private conversation should be visible to everyone. If the person your against can't see the thread, then they cannot state their side of the argument.

If you have something that you don't want someone to see, don't post it in a thread. If people become to much of a problem, then it is at the discretion of the staff as how to deal with them.
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.
  3. thanks for your opinion mugatu
  4. You already have the ability to do just this, it is a private conversation. You can add as many people as you like, and exclude everybody else. If a thread is created in a community forum, the entire community will have access to it, even those people the thread creator would prefer to not have access.
  5. get off my thread
  6. Come on everyone, stop this crap or I will start banning people from the site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.