Federated Independent Islands looking for settlers on smp5

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by dstrout, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Want to establish "your own thing" out away in the wilderness, but don't need an outpost's worth of space? Come to the Federated Independent Islands (FII)!

The FII is built around the idea of "micro-outposts" wherein you can claim some reasonable geographic region as your own, be it an island, a valley, a bay, etc. While this doesn't have any "official" standing with EMC, you will have the protection of the FII outpost to protect your space and settle border disputes, etc.

The FII has two major towns connected by high-speed rail in the center, and portals at the N,S,E,and W edges, all connected to the center by nether tunnel / rail. There is also an entrance nether rail that runs a good distance beyond our borders to reduce the time to / from town.

There is a lot left to explore and claim, including another island with a village on it that I know of, and others that I am sure I haven't found yet.

This is envisioned as a co-op sort of scheme. The only "rules" (I hate that word) are:

1 - be nice
    2 - don't take more than you need
    3 - give back where you can

Other than that, your space is yours. If you want to work on the common (central) space, feel free. All help is appreciated. If you want to be left alone, but secure in the knowledge that what you built is protected from neighbors, that's cool too.

I'll initially keep a map updated with each person's claim and get it out to all the members as it changes. At some point a volunteer may be sought to help do the bookkeeping as I travel alot.

Any disputes or major changes to operation will be put to a vote of all "landowners" in the outpost radius - this is not a dictatorship. I am merely the initial organizer. Hopefully someone else will take that job at some point.

If you are interested, pm me and I'll send coordinates to the entrance and center. All I ask is that you not share them as I'd like to keep track of who knows the details as long as I can.

thanks,
    Dave.
    Roslyn likes this.
  2. I guess I don't know what you mean by protection. We can already have greif protection and can protect our builds through the use of /buildmode command.
  3. Territory protection. i.e. once you say "thus valley is mine from x1y1 to x2y2", then it is forever more. Right now neither anti-griefing nor /buildmode keep me from building a dirt post right in the middle of your base.

This will probably be irrelevant when land claiming comes along, and could become irrelevant depending ob how the GO works out. What I'm trying to implement is best described as "micro-outposts based on natural geographic boundaries". EMC can't keep track of every oddly-shaped 100x100 homestead and keep person1 from building a horrid-looking island in the middle of person2's beautiful bay, so I'm offering to do that for one outpost worth of area.