[ Feature Discussion ] Empire Shop Management System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I disagree. As someone who is a fan of economics, if I had time to play the game still, I'd be super excited about having a mall AND using this system. It'd be a dream for someone who understands how to work the market. :)

With the limits for sellers using it, each person will only be able to have a certain amount of things in the market INCLUDING players with malls. It's win / win.
    LZBZ_DW likes this.
  2. Not really, think about it broski most people that visit are stores are after a few items, and cant afford to spend big amounts of money, nor lose out to the convienance fee's so we can price our self's to be in a better position while still uterlizing our massive buying power on the webstore to create bulk buy orders to stock our stores
  3. This is honestly how I picture it being used for the most part. Small time wild dwellers selling their items on the web system to big mall owner orders to keep their mall stocked.
    Happyshopper likes this.
  4. Haha you make them sound like the tuskan raiders haha

5. Oh alright then. I suppose that's fair.

What about banning people from buying from you, has that been addressed? I don't really have time to read the whole thing from where I left off.
  6. It"s actually all about how the malls will participate in this. And whith the additions that the community came up with, this is no longer a disadvantage(less people coming to the store), but it turns out to be an advantage to the malls (buy from all the small guys, mall always in stock.)

The malls will probably make more profit by keeping their stock even higher, and that causes less out of stock. Everyone happy (including us)! :)
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  7. Can we make it so that we can purchase some stuff in the wild, like tools, food, etc
  8. No. If that happens, then yeah, just no.
  9. One idea would be to add a way of auctioning enchanted items (and maybe selling spawner locations, even), to this system.

I haven't seen anybody mention this in the thread so far, but sorry if I'm wrong there.
  10. Again, most people are afraid that this will make this new system TOO conveintent, and beat out the old one. So, we aim at making it LESS conveint, while the staff aims to make it more conveinent.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  11. Never mind. I still think we need at least a SMALL delay. Since most of the comminty is now booked on. Ima STILL effie though... Just seems like it is more unstable. Thats not a bad or good thing. I just like the market being a bit more predictable, if you know what I mean.
  12. Can we have weekly snapshots on a test server? Now that would be nice because then we can help shape it after we have an idea of what it is and the bugs and stuff
    Kells18 likes this.
  13. I'm sorry I just have to put this out there -

I just do not see what compromises have been made on the side of the staff here that make this plan practical.

You want this plan to make it convenient. It seems like all of the inconvenience goes to the seller and not the buyer.

This will have little impact because markets belong to the buyers. The one thing that actually would have evened the playing field - you dismiss because it will make the system less convenient. Wasn't that the point of the taking the suggestions?

You are still killing the physical shops with this plan. As I called it. You just are not willing to make the changes to this idea that need to happen to make it work with the already existing shops.

Alas, it matters not to me. I am dropping out of the economy! I invite anyone who wants to, to join me. :)
  14. Luckily as part of Flowers Trees & Bumblebees, this doesn't effect you at all.
  15. We have listened... The changes we have accepted make it more convenient to sell in shops instead of the market, keeping the stock on the market lower.

This helps balance out rapid price changes, by limiting orders and taxing transactions, giving some incentive to sellers to not sell on the market.

With less stock, prices remain stable, and in some cases stock could stay low and then players will be forced to go to the shops.

Both sides of the fence will take sacrifices here, as we've accepted some limitations that makes the system less "Game-changing" than I originally envisioned.
    IcecreamCow and LZBZ_DW like this.
  16. I may start up a pet store.... But will probably see what will happen. If the economy fails, I would laugh so hard. Then probably become a wild member. XD
  17. I don't really get it :p So do you type in a command with what you want to buy, and a list pops up at the side and you can click the one that meets your needs, and you buy the items? Just because Aikar said its like the Eve UI :p
  18. I personally think that the buyer should be 'handicapped' - eg. cooldown or tax. They get the convenience.
    The sellers are fueling your market. They deserve to have it free.
  19. I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but im going to say it.

I think a good way to stable the Emc economy would be by using a tax system.

A player would get taxed based on how much money they make.
  20. Anyone who's saying we didn't add any of the things to compromise it to the mall owners is simply not paying attention at this point and just wanting to debate, haha. The point was to make it a middle ground. The system is completely compromised from what it was when we started it. We wanted to make it less convenient to use, not completely cripple it, lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.