** Favorite Pokémon ** (with Online Tool)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ForeverMaster, Apr 11, 2017.

1. In talking about Pokémon, People's favorite creatures is a very popular topic. But I've stayed away from them, since for me, picking favorites of anything in general is mentally intense.

However, I recently found this online tool that helps decide what my favorite Pokémon are, and I'm willing to expose them out to EMC.

Do I have to explain how to deal with other people's opinions? -- Hopefully not.
    This post isn't on YouTube or Reddit where there's the risk of being hit with super effective dislikes or down-votes.

It begins...

Go Me!

The image below shows, according to the tool, my top favorite Pokémon. Ranking reads from highest to lowest.
    There are Pokémon outside of this screenshot I'll be diving into later.

https://i.imgur.com/Muow2Ab.png

Blastoise
    I never fully played a Kanto nor Johto based Pokémon game. But, I did play X which let me choose Squirtle as a 2nd Starter Pokémon. Blastoise is a fully-evolved Starter Pokémon that I've only liked for its look and the move Hydro Cannon, until Mega Blastoise arrived. The Mega Launcher ability grants a lot of potential damage output, but I've instead sticked to using a similar Water type Pokémon that came with Generation VI.

Swampert
    The original Pokémon Sapphire was the first Pokémon game I ever played. Mudkip was the Starter I chose. It's perhaps no surprise that I ended up almost always using it and its evolutions. I remember seeing May's Grovyle destroying Mashtomp with Leaf Blade.
    The stats of Swampert, Mudkip's final evolution, are very balanced, aside from Speed. I perhaps was fond of its Water-Ground typing, making it only weak to Grass. But despite my ancient history on the Mudkip evolution family, when I got Omega Ruby, I picked Treeko instead because I wanted to try some different options.

Weather Trio of Hoenn
    The Pokémon Ruby mascot legendary is called "Godzilla" by my father. My dad actually had played the original Ruby in his free time and caught Groundon. I, playing Sapphire, never caught Kyogre. Hoenn's Weather Trio is -- for me -- the most iconic, and favorite, legendary Pokémon, by all means.

They created the Pokémon World's continents, oceans, and atmosphere. Groundon - The Behemoth, embodiment of the land, and Kyogre - The Leviathan, embodiment of the sea, would fight each other, until Rayquaza - The Ziz of the skies, appeared to calm them. Team Magma/Aqua try awakening Groundon/Kyogre to expand the land/water, only to realize their actions endangered all life on their planet.

In battle, Kyogre had the upper edge for damage over Groundon, until ORAS which introduced Primal Reversion to fix this. Both deal serious damage with their attacks, taking advantage of their weather, complimenting with a very high Attack/Special Attack stat.

The Ruby/Sapphire remakes do a phenomenal job recreating this intense moment in the story, even recalling how the original games did it!

Reshiram
    This white dragon is the mascot of Pokémon White (Generation V). I do like Zekrom too, but I favor Reshiram a little more. These were the few Pokémon where fire and electricity were represented in blue and not always warm colors. Electricity is not bold yellow IRL. And fire can be white and blue which are way hotter than red, orange, or yellow.

White Kyurem
    Kyurem was not a Pokémon I cared much about at first, but that changed in a year with Black 2 and White 2. Kyurem fusing with Reshiram creates a Pokémon with one of the highest Special Attack stats that can hold any item, no Mega Stone or Blue/Red Orb to change forms. Both this Kyurem form and Reshiram helped me a lot with grinding through the Elite Four and White Tree-hollow, because their Turboblaze ability bypasses Sturdy of Sawk, Skarmory, etc. and they have 170/150 base Special Attack. It's also neat that Kyurem can learn a good variety of types of attacks, unlike most Ice-type Pokémon. White Kyurem is an Ice type that can use a Fire-type move -- Reshiram's Fusion Flare. And, also Black Kyurem can use an Electric-type move -- Zekrom's Fusion Bolt.

On the visual design of White Kyurem, it shows the fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram fine. In White 2, the colors were more bold which felt clashing against its icy-blue. But as of X/Y, with the desaturation of the colors on many Pokémon, I find White Kyurem's color scheme to be more pleasing to look at. Overall, I'm not irritated to look at this Kyurem form.

Conkeldurr
    This Machamp clone from Unova smashes opponents. Conkeldurr is one of my favorite Fighting types to use in a Trick Room team. It hits so hard with both Hammer Arm (also slows it down, which is good in a Trick Room) and non-Fighting type moves. At Lv. 50: 211 Attack + Iron Fist or Sheer Force + Life Orb -- that combination is what I use and it's very successful.

If an attacking Pokémon has Sheer Force for its ability and uses an Elemental Punch, Rock Slide, or other move that gets the power boost, the user doesn't suffer from its Life Orb's recoil, after landing the move.

When it comes to the design of this Pokémon, at first, I was neutral to it. I tried looking at the Pokédex entries of it and as pre-evolved forms, but didn't much more meaning, other than cloning Machop and Machoke. But long later, I realized from the looks of Timburr through Conkeldurr that there's a hidden emotional story to the family.

Conkeldurr's name and look drives from elderly, or old, but still living, people. Throughout its lifespan, starting as a Timburr, it has worked hard lifting and moving around building materials. As a result, its arms have gotten extremely muscular. But also, its body starts to break out from all sorts of injuries that can happen to construction workers. By the time Gurdurr evolves into Conkeldurr, its arms are so bulky that it needs concrete pillars to support itself, like walking canes. Despite the physical problems, it's happy to be alive. Elderly people tend to experience more happiness than younger adults. I personally don't know why this happens for older people, but at least I've found encouragement to respect both Conkeldurr and senior citizens.

-

You are free to use this tool and/or discuss about your favorite Pokémon or ones you like a lot, if deciding on never-missing favorites can't be obtained.;)

Favorite Pokemon Picker: https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
    JDHallows likes this.
  2. So after doing it here they are. 7/10 are fox based which is quite funny, but my top is favorite and always was is Alakazam with Delphox really close.
    1. Delphox
    2. Alakazam
    3. Sylveon
    4. Lucario
    5. Zoroark
    6. Espeon
    7. Mimikyu
    8. Decidueye
    9. Umbreon
    10. Ninetails
    ForeverMaster and JDHallows like this.
  3. Latios