Farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MCDuckSuds, Sep 20, 2011.

1. This is something I've really thought about really hard. So respect this please with positive feedback.
    I skimmed over some very impressive houses and it's always ruined by a farm and I was hoping yes like Aus said you can make a duplicate world just for we could use a chat command like /farm and another thing I just hate it when someone comes to my res and steps on my plants but then I could go underground like Aus suggested but I did some research and actually Wheat grows 30% slower without sunlight, melons grow 50% slower, sugarcane grows 10% slower so you get my point.Yes we will still get as much but here lately I haven't been able to play minecraft as much as normal and I'm sure a few others to so we like our plants to grow when we're online and fast to. So I was just wondering about this
    Also could you make it always daytime because plants will grow faster then.
  2. I'm just going to take a stab and guess that he was going to suggest a duplicate town used entirely for farming. If that is the case, then I don't really think it's necessary.

I personally think that some houses are complemented by their farms, providing they put as much aesthetic design into them as their houses.

Besides, most things can easily be farmed underground. Yes, melons grow slower underground, but you still get plenty of melon.

Of course if I'm completely wrong about the subject matter, disregard my comment.
  3. I personally also think that a lot of the residences look awesome because of their farms. However, one of the reasons we gave such big plots, was so that you had a lot of options. You can try building a sun house for example to have plants in and still have it look like a cool building. Even if you were to build underground, you have 60x60 from dirt to bedrock. Even growing at 30% slower (didn't know that by the way), you can simply add more rows or even multiple floors if you want more things to be farmed to make up for the time.

Regarding the day/night thing, a lot of people have residences that look simply stunning at night, and we don't want to take that away. The night atmosphere adds a whole new perspective to some. As cool as Dark_Liz's Dark Tower looks for example, check it out at night and position yourself so that the moon is set behind it. WOW!
  4. I honestly think that 60x60 is enough for a farm and a home and a lot more. It is far beyond what most servers give you (like 10x10 or 15x15). There have been many conversations on giving players more protected real-estate somehow but I do not think we have come up with a viable solution yet.