[Eventure] Castle Ravenloft- NOW OPEN

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Raaynn, Feb 28, 2021.

?

How long have you played on EMC?

1 year 4 vote(s) 16.7%
2 years 1 vote(s) 4.2%
3 years 1 vote(s) 4.2%
4 years 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 years 3 vote(s) 12.5%
6 years 5 vote(s) 20.8%
7 years 1 vote(s) 4.2%
8+ years 9 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. “Hail to thee of might and valor: I, a lowly servant of the township of Barovia, send honor to thee. We plead for thy so desperately needed assistance within our community. Our town has been afflicted by an evil so deadly, and a spell that binds us to the valley. There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shall but answer my desperate plea. Come quickly for her time is at hand! All that I have shall be thine! Kolyan Indrirovich, Burgomaster.”

You had arrived in request to the letter you received, and now a perpetual rolling blackness of thunderclouds casts a grey pall over the land. The darker silhouette of the Castle looks over the valley from its pillar of rock. It dominates the small village of Barovia, standing high atop a natural pillar of rock against the cliffs to the north of the village. The dark Svalich woods surround the village and cliffs. The road to the village and lands of Barovia passes through ancient iron gates, controlled by the will of Count Strahd. There are only two gates, one east of the village and one west of the castle crossroads up the mountain. The gates open with your arrival, but close after you enter Barovia. There is a deathly stillness in the dark Barovian woods. Yet the woods are patrolled constantly by the wolves and beasts serving Count Strahd. No one has left Barovia for centuries. The poor villagers of Barovia have been terrorized for centuries by "the devil" Strahd. Only the town priest and the few survivors of the new ruling house of Barovia have the will to offer more than just personal resistance to Strahd, calling for your help. No villager has left Barovia for centuries. Those who tried never returned, disappearing, or dying from the vile snapping teeth of the Barovian wolves, and the unknown dark forces. Are you the hero they need to free them?

"I am the ancient. My beginnings are lost in the darkness of the past.
    I am not dead. Nor am I alive. I am undead, forever."
    - Count Strahd Von Zarovich

So, what started out as me rebuilding my outpost castle slowly transformed into sort of an adventure build over the year, then suddenly I realized that I am about to reach my fifth year here on EMC, and so changed it yet again to include prizes to giveaway :) This is my first attempt to create something of the sort so, hope it function alright \o/

With that in mind, event is scheduled to open by March 12th. You are welcome to simply come explore the build; look for secrets or treasures; or attempt to unlock the means to destroy Count Strahd! This is an individual event so you may start at any time once open, but the first to locate any treasures will be the ones to receive the prizes.

Rules:
    1. Only 1 character per player please! Let everyone have an opportunity to play or win. You are welcome to use an alt, as the event may take up time (or be quick, not sure)
    2. Please do not spam buy from chests, so that everyone may enjoy and acquire what is needed (if a chest is empty please pm me though)
    3. There are several Prize Chests, please buy only 1 book from any specific chest, Doing Otherwise will disqualify you!
    4. No gliding, flying, teleporting to friends, or cheating in any way. Let’s play fair please. (abilities will be turned off)
    5. Anyone caught breaking rules will be banned from participation
    Instructions: see post 2

Prizes: see post 3 (Prizes have all been claimed, but there is a written book to claim if you are able to defeat Count Strahd)

Location: The Castle can be found on Utopia, at /v +ravenloft (res 5084)

2. Instructions: ...... I recommend that you use an account that you don’t need on Utopia if possible as the event may take time, and certain areas may take additional effort to access again if you leave there prematurely. Remember, 1 account per person.

-Look for Gold Descriptor Blocks to obtain information on the area you are in.

-Read Lecturns to obtain information/clues on finding ‘keys’ to new areas, secrets of the castle, as well as information on how to defeat your deadly foe.

-When using any ‘key’ move quickly through the portal before it closes up again.

-Please do not spam purchase items from chests in order to allow others the opportunity to participate.

-If a Prize chest is encountered, please buy only One Book (the top one first where indicated) from any given chest. Allow others the opportunity to win something as well.

1 2 3
    -If you make it to the final challenge, there are a Multiple Choice of doors to pass through, one way. Make certain you have gathered the information you need in order to succeed!

NuclearBobomb and MoreMoople like this.
  3. Prizes:

Grand Prize 1- [GP1]- WINNER:OhMiku

Steel Armour (full set), Witches gem Lv4, ‘Raaynn boots’ (enchanted Turkey Trotters), InfiMending bow w flame, Omneoss, Netherhound, Lucky Rabbits Foot, enchanted Netherite sword, Empire waffle, 16 spectral arrows +100000r

Grand Prize 2- [GP2] WINNER:OhMiku
    500K Spoon, Liberty Bell, Liberty sword, ddtt, Lucky bow, Witches gem Lv1, 500k Hoe, diamonds & emeralds, 75000 rupees

Grand Prize 3- [GP3] WINNER: OhMiku
    full set of 100k Gear

additionally:
    a. set of 3 labour benches (2015, 2016, 2017) + Rabbits Pocket watch (Win:OhMiku)
    b. Flame2 Infimending bow + Explosive arrow + 16 spectral arrows (Win:GianLuca99Star)

c. promo set The_Reaper & Headless Horseman’s Axe
    (Win:OhMiku)
    e. 3 prizes of Netherite Gear +25000r (Win1:Obwangottem / Win2 DrasLeona247 / Win3:SteadShrumm)

f. 3 prizes of Diamonds, Gold & Emeralds +25000r (Win1:GianLuca99Star, Win2:SteadShrumm, Win3:BlueShinobiXIII)
    g. 3 prizes of Diamond Gear + Sword & Crossbow (Win1:SteadShrumm, Win2:GianLuca99star, Win3:BlueShinobiXIII )

h. 3 prizes of iron & gold nuggets, emeralds, 1000r (Win1: OhMiku / Win2:GianLuca99Star, Win3:BlueShinobiXIII)

Prizes may be viewed in the prize area located just outside the main gates, within the left guard tower. Enjoy and Good Luck!

NuclearBobomb and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Yes raaynn! I am so excited for this event ongoing event!
  5. “Listen to them, the children of the night..."

Event Opens Today!
  6. Is there a specific time it's set to open?
  7. When I get back from lunch.. :)
    EquableHook and Cyberazaz101 like this.
  8. Event is now OPEN! until further notice...
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  9. Unable to participate as I only get 1-3 FPS there, but good luck to everyone else :)
    Raaynn likes this.
  10. All 18 prizes have now been Won! with OhMiku cleaning house :D
    But event is still open for those interested in Adventuring!

Edit: (Prizes have all been claimed, but there is a written book to claim if you are able to defeat Count Strahd)
  11. Thank you for having this event Raaynn had a blast falling down the chimney and repeatedly getting stuck in places lol but no, seriously an awesome event.:+1:
    Raaynn likes this.
  12. Now it's time to go back through and read all the lecterns I skipped trying to find hidden passageways hehe

Storyline is fantastic!
    Raaynn likes this.
  13. Thanks to all! Rupee prizes have been sent out, and prize chests are ready for pickup in the event Prize Room (gate tower)

(Prizes have all been claimed, but there is a written book to claim if you are able to defeat Count Strahd)
  14. "You have been awarded a trophy: Empire Elder"

Looks like my minecraft has caught up with my irl...

Not sue what to think about this...
    luckycordel and wafflecoffee like this.