[EVENT] poof's Pot of Gold Hunt

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by poofasaurus, Mar 1, 2018.

1. It's that green time of the year again! Usually I celebrate St. Patrick's Day in game by releasing a bunch of wild lime sheep named Shamrock into the wastelands for players to find. This year, I went a little bigger.

I've hidden 4 Pots of Gold in the smp2 waste. That's a chest full of either gold ingots or gold blocks (poof, you shouldn't have! :eek:) as well as a few little trinkets and, of course, a Shamrock sheep. At the end of March, I'll go back and see if I can find said chests and collect my gold if it hasn't been found.

1. Each chest is in a different biome. I'm so nice, I'll even give them to you: flower forest, regular forest, savannah, and extreme hills.
    2. Each chest is inside a lime green wool hut with a tan colored roof.
    3. Everything is above ground. Nothing is hidden below. I'm not encourage gold digging ;)
    4. There are a few false huts out there just to throw you off. But only a few.

Please leave a holla when you've found and raided a hut.
    Starsphere, Eviltoade, khixan and 5 others like this.
  2. I should be able to make it if I can
    q1zx likes this.
  3. LOL.
    When you just read [EVENT] and you want to be the first to post something. xD
  4. I decided to give this a shot, followed some world borders, flew to some of the listed biomes I found on the live map, but unfortunately, I didn't find anything.
    So I took my elytra and fireworks and went the quick way back to the nearest outpost when something caught my eye...
    And there it was, a very cosy hut with lots of gold in it :D!
    I am sad to say though, Shamrock smelled his freedom and instantly ran away when I opened the door :3

Thank you for hosting this, it has been a while since I have been on a scavenger hunt but it was fun :D.
    Also, should I mention here which one I found too (what biome)?

Oh and I just heard a marlix spawn sound while typing this :p.

EDIT: The one I found was in the forest biome, it was a chest of ingots :)
  5. COngratual
    Congratulations! If you'd like to share the biome, you may. That's up to you. Obviously some would be more difficult than others.
    haastregt likes this.
  6. Definitely going to try this out once I get back that elytra that I lost because I AFKED in a stupid spot lol
  7. Went to /waste e, and far down in a Savannah Biome I came across a Four Leaf Clover, a Lucky Villager, a Green Tunic and enough gold ingots for a lifetime. Without an elytra! :D
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  8. ohhh sounds like a good time killer!

and if you're looking to buy elytra, sage, I have 5 mending and unb3 for sale as well as one that does not have an enchant.
  9. BUMP! Still chests left! There's some SC fulll of gold blocks out there!
  10. :eek: No one wants gold!?
  11. I went searching for some like for 2 hours the pther day, didn’t see any. =/
  12. This is a great event poofasaurus.. I would try but just no time atm