[EVENT] Pi Day Celebration

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Sazukemono, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Pi Day
    With Your Host: Sazukemono
    What: Cake Drop & Pi-themed Trivia
    When: Tonight at 8PM EMC Time
    Where: SMP7 res /v 14463

In this land of pixels and blocks, it's hard to come by perfect circles, but we make do!
    Today, we celebrate Pi, a fantastic part of mathematics that makes circles and spheres much easier to measure.
    Come join our celebration! Whether you're here for love of pi or pie, all are welcome!

The Delicious Details
    • A few randomly selected answerers will receive a deco pie head
    • 4 trivia winners will receive a renamed cake (Not a Promotional Item)
    • Each correct Trivia question will award 500r
    • Every attendee will receive a renamed pumpkin pie (Not a Promotional Item)
    • Each winner of the Cake Drop portion will receive a (different) renamed cake (also Not a Promotional Item) and 3,141 rupees
  2. Cool! i will be there.... i hope
    Sazukemono likes this.
  3. Idk if I can make it, but fun fact, a few years back I memorized 192 digits of Pi in ONE NIGHT for Pi Day. :D I only remember like 40 though.
    Sazukemono likes this.
  4. Pi = math = no liking xD
    I only know the first 3 numbers of pi anyways, maybe I'll attend..if I'm feeling up to it *shrugs*
    Have a blast to all of those who do decide to attend!
  5. Is this purely a trivia event?
  6. Then come for the love of pie! ;)

Nope, there will also be a portion with "reverse parkour -slash- avoid obstacles on the way down"

It's on this residence, for reference ;)
    LordessLevy likes this.
  7. *ears perk up* Trivia?
  8. I am there!!! :D
  9. Fun event!
    Sazukemono likes this.
  10. :( thats my thing (the ear thing not trivia)
  11. Ok, y'all, I went through all the answers and the chat logs to find the correct winners of all the questions tonight
    Calculations are done, and the Trivia Leaderboard Results are in!!

MerRhyAndBright 5
    q1zx 4
    SkeleTin007 3
    RandomZh 2
    FlyingFish21 1
    CarFryer 1
    GDuck1D 1

For reference to those curious, the answers to the ones I double checked are as follows:
    Rajveer Meena is the current pi-champion (70k decimals, earned in 2015)
    There are no zeroes in the first 31 decimals of Pi (the 32nd is the first zero ;) )

Rupees and prizes will be dispersed in the next 24-36 hours. As a reminder, everyone who attended will get something, so check your mail even if you didn't participate in the Trivia aspect of tonight's event ^_~*

MerRhyAndBright, q1zx, SkeleTin007, and RandomZh will be receiving the Trivia Winner Cakes.
    As randomly selected by dice-roll, winners of the deco pie head are: MerRhyAndBright, FlyingFish21, and SkeleTin007.

• Every attendee will receive a renamed pumpkin pie (Not a Promotional Item)
    • Every attendee will also receive a special pi-day head of mine (skin provided by jewel_king)
  12. Gotta love pi, gotta love pie, and gotta love prizes. Thanks for the event. :)
    Sazukemono likes this.
  13. I am of a very similar mind! ;) I'm glad it was such a hit!

Here are some pictures of the event in-progress
    The winner room near the end:

My screen cluttered with death-markers (thanks, waypoint mod):
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  14. Everything has been mailed out!!

On that note, if you believe you were missed for any reason, please send me a message asap so I can get to ya! I do have lists of attendees, though, so don't try any funny business ;)

Punny business is ok, though ^_~*
    SkeleTin007 and q1zx like this.