[ EVENT ] National Llama Day! :D

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ww2fan168, Oct 18, 2015.

1. On December 9th, 2015 the worlds best known holiday will be celebrated... National Llama Day! For users that don't know me ( or do know me but don't know my true love ) I love llamas for some reason.

On this day Ill be doing either a Drop Party or another random occasion I feel like starting that has to do with llamas in a short way.... A llama ( horse ) race!

Brief History on Llamas:
    National Llama Day began in 1932 in Manitoba, Canada when the llama’s importance was first recognized during a drought which killed a significant number of livestock, especially sheep, thus proving how helpful the llama truly is.
    What do celebrants do on National Llama Day?
    Celebrants dress as llamas, carve llama-shaped butter statues, sing llama songs, play traditional llama-oriented games, and break a ceremonial llama piñata. Usually one family member in each household will wear an elaborate llama costume and will pass out gifts to the children while granting them Llama Day wishes. A piece of llama fur is traditionally hung in the doorway which acts as 'mistletoe' to the celebrants.
    Typical Llama Day feasts
    For dinner, a traditional Llama Day feast involves stuffing a partridge using sacred family spices. After dinner, children dressed as llamas go from door to door asking for Llama Day treats, occasionally releasing llamas on the occupant’s lawn if their request is refused.
    How does it begin?
    Llama Day is often begins with Llamatines, cards sent to loved ones that may or may not include llama-shaped candy pieces. The Llamatines are a piece of card usually depicting a llama say 'I Love You'.
    National Llama Day
    National Llama Day is a celebration of mankind's appreciation of nature's finest llamas. It occurs each year on December 9th and lasts from sunrise to sunset.
    Fun llama facts! :D
    Life Span: 15-19 years.
    Diet: Llamas are grazing animals. They like hay and green pastures.
    Llama is not hoofed animal. It has two toenails on each foot and leathery pad underneath.
    Llamas are members of the camelid, or camel, family.

Llamas are hardy and well suited to harsh environments.
    Llamas are smart and easy to train.
    Llamas don't bite. They spit when they're agitated, but mostly at each other.

( credit on information : https://prezi.com/8npju5c-4zxw/national-llama-day/ . ) Since I forgot pole please comment which one you want :)
  2. LOL NOPE
  3. Llamas are so yesterday, its all about Alpacas these days. =P