[EVENT] Jailbreak!!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by fluffinator09, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Thank you.
    Also, bob23646 would like to play
  2. Even though it barely worked as we thought it would, it was quite fun!
    Staying up 2 hours too late was worth it.
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  3. It was fun but far too short. Add to that I didn't understand for the first half hour, and I didn't get to do my master plan...
    AlexHallon likes this.
  4. LOL I made a tunnel underground and helped 333kirby escape. I almost got jacob to escape too. AND ITS TOO SHORT
    AlexHallon and fluffinator09 like this.
  5. After working out a bit of chaos, and getting people where they need to be we did pretty well. So in order to recap (sorta):
    Most Organized Group:
    Guards
    Most Effective Group:
    Prisoners
    Most Effective Outside:
    Tunnler

Everyone did pretty well for what its worth. Except most of the Outsides, you just stood there or attacked the prison!
    However I would like to commend Tunnler and SparerToaster for doing very well at their jobs. And AlexHallon for being pretty good at killing escaping prisoners.

So big question.. With some changes, should we do this again?
    EDIT: IF this is done again time will be increased most definitely!!!
    AlexHallon and SparerToaster like this.
  6. I liked it, but I was whitelisted 10 minutes late and with nothing. It needs some improvement, but I would like to do it again!

Also, can you delete the player data if we do it again? I think it's in the World folder. I spawned in with what I had list night.
  7. Yes, we should do it again. Sunday afternoon.
  8. You want to know what I think?

I think too many rules and quote-on-quote "improvements" were added during the game.

Like I said when I PM'd you last night after it failed the first game, it needed better planning, which it lacked.

For example, the infinite lives rule. The game isn't fun after everyone loses all their lives, because then its just game over.

Also, make the city smaller. Even as a prisoner, there were too many places to hide, and no fun chases.

Also, disabling /tell could prevent players from planning with outside contacts.

I broke out when WeirdManaico dug me out.

I would've been the first one out though when I got out the first time, but your other "admin" Rreaper501 tp'd me back to my cell after I had escaped fairly.

I'm going to try my hand at running a similar game, and we'll see how it compares.

I'm not saying what you did was "wrong" or "unfun" but I am saying there are things that could be changed to make it better.

Oh yeah, and make it longer. But you said you'd do that sooo I'm not complaining.

Sincerely,
    Ex-convict and escaped prisoner of the EMC no-longer "Maximum Secuirty" Prison,
    -Kirb
  9. I did that this time, but it didn't seem to work, but if we do it again we will use a new map!
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  10. I agree, but the next sort of improvements will come directly from you guys, so they will be better.
  11. Well, I'm not sure if it was because I was late, but I had no starting gear so I had to steal from the police station. It was never really explained how I was meant to help people escape, there was really no colored cell area and once again, there was the whole "You must wait 10 seconds before being able to talk again".
    AlexHallon and 333kirby like this.
  12. Guys who played, I am going to run my own version of this with some improvements that I think would help massively.

Just start a PM with me and give me suggestions.

The game will probably be run early next week.
    PenguinDJ and AlexHallon like this.
  13. I honestly have no idea why the 10 second thing is there, but it will be removed for next time.
    Next time cells will be given better instructions and there prisoners BEFORE we start.
  14. Thats what you need, more organization, and a better explanation.

I think positions should stay the same because we all already have a grasp on what to do, but didn't truly get the full experience due to poor orientation of rules and coordination of play style.
    PenguinDJ and AlexHallon like this.
  15. This is true. I will keep most positions the same, however I will change Cells up and maybe the Police and Guards. And if someone wants to switch, they can. If they can find someone to switch with, and clear it with me.
  16. See that's the type of organization I was talking about.

Also, have prisoners start with Orange Leather Chestplates and pants :p
    jacob5089 and fluffinator09 like this.
  17. Next time I will do an individual voice recording for each group, and one for overall rules and explanations.
    Also I am going to contact a Moderator and ask if we can start a discussion thread for this.
  18. I was never given a time to join.......
  19. It says it on the OP.
  20. My alerts NEVER work...
    fluffinator09 likes this.