[EVENT] Ender Miners!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Slvr, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Tonight at 8pm!
    Your Host: Sazukemono
    Location TBA

Welcome! This is an event in which we get together and mine some obsidian, maybe some end stone and chorus plants, and slay some dragons! With the Wastelands End at our disposal, why not have some fun in the lack-of-sun?

Who: Anyone is invited to join! The end is a bit of a perilous place for a newcomer, but if you're careful everything should be all right! If you're not comfortable with dragon-slaying, there will be a safe area for you to mine and build in another location ;)
    What: At this event, we're going to be mining obsidian, end stone, and chorus plants, with some ender dragons on the side. It's mostly a large resource-gathering trip into an End world. We'll be using one of the gateways to get to a more permanent location for our builds. The Dragon has quite the talent for destruction, and I don't want to risk any of our pretty builds going to waste when the dragon goes after it.
    Please note that I will not get involved with squabbles over dragon heads unless they become a problem for the rest of the group - understand that if you bring crystals, you may not get the head, and due to the nature of how dragon heads appear there's not a lot we, as staff, can do about that.

Why?: For fun! These events can give players all kinds of end-resources: obsidian, dragon's breath, end stone, purpur, and even dragon heads!

Tips-
    • Try to remember to bring a diamond pickaxe. these are not supplied. A good idea is to enchant it with Unbreaking III and Efficiency so it will last a while and mine obsidian quickly.
    • Feather Falling is a good enchantment to have. You don't need a god set of armor for this, in fact I'm usually in my voters gear, but Feather Falling is important. The dragon tends to throw players high into the air and it's easy to slip off the obsidian pillars.
    • Bring end crystals! If you want to fight the ender dragon, please do bring some for us to use.
    • If you want to collect dragon's breath, please remember to bring glass bottles! they wont be supplied.
    • There will be a bed, anvil, end pearls, and Ender Chest supplied in both areas, so no need to worry about those.
  2. This sounds like fun! I'm not sure that I'll be able to attend, but I imagine it'll be nice.
  3. Thanks! I'm hoping others find it nice. I've ran it impromptu once and there were a right few players that showed up! Hoping that a thread and clarification on it will help get more involved and willing to come though. Haste III + Efficiency V really makes for quick obsidian gathering!
    ILTG and Kytula like this.
  4. If I can make it, I'll try! This sounds awesome. I need lots of obby. If anyone needs picks with enchants, go to my smp5 shop before heading out. I've also got good stuff and end crystals on smp8 at my main res. I'll try to bring enough on myself to share around as well. Woo hoo. Kill the dragon!
    khixan and Slvr like this.
  5. I'd like to remind everyone of this. If nobody particularly cares the server it's hosted on, there's a 100% chance it will be hosted on smp8. :p I'd also like to encourage players not to vote for smp7... while I can get one of my alts (SBB_2 or SBB_3) out there, I can't get Slvr. Slvr is over 100k blocks in the wilderness on smp7.
    khixan likes this.
  6. i can go to anything but smp6 5 or 9
  7. Sounds like complete fun. Will you be getting a stream team member on board. They can stream this event, that might help it out in the long run.
    khixan likes this.
  8. Anyone bringing a beacon?
  9. This could be a fun idea! I can look into it for sure.

Generally, group buffs will override the beacon's buffs. But I will bring a beacon to set up sometime before the event, yes.
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  10. Happy new years, all! Bump, just a friendly reminder that this is coming up. :)
  11. I'm gonna try to make it :)
  12. Gonna go ahead and edit the OP to say this is going to be hosted on SMP8. Hope to see you all there! :)

EDIT: LadyJaye's 1000 day celebration was listed at the same time this was, and because I'm sure players will want to visit her drop party, how would players feel if this event's start time was moved an hour or two earlier than 8:00 PM EMC time?

I'm thinking 6:00 PM EMC time or 7:00 PM EMC time.
  13. Going to just bump this, and say that it'll still start at 8pm sharp. If the turnout is rather poor that's fine, better luck next time! :) Hope to see some there!
  14. AWWW

Edit: krysyy PvP at 8 pm today
    Slvr likes this.
  15. This event is Saturday at 8, not today. :)
  16. Plz say it next time, not just leave a time.
  17. Erm... if you look in the OP, it says January 7th at 8. That is a time and a date. It's also on the calendar.
  18. Bump! Just to remind everyone this is coming up :)
  19. darn, hope to come next time if there is a next time going somewhere else also conveniently at 8 :( so wont be able to make this on. Sounds like a super fun event tho, hope the turn out is good and every one who goes has fun!
  20. Yeah, I'll be hosting this on various SMPs hopefully! And as for the 2 events happening at 8 tomorrow, that was just the result of time delay. :oops: Hoping it'll go better next time, haha.