Ender's MEGA-Guide: Games Server

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by EnderMagic1, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Favorite Area of Games Server?

PvP 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Hide and Seek 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Parkour 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Funland 8 vote(s) 72.7%
  1. Ever find a game really confusing? Don’t know what to do with your friends on the games server? Welcome to the Games Server Guide. This guide will discuss each game and the relevant information about each unique one. (Ratings, builds, strategy, rules, etc.) The addition of the server was a massive new expansion of the empire, released on August 3, 2017. To join the games server, a simple command: /games will transport you there. In the main hub, there are currently 8 teleportation spots, to other hubs and games. The 8 teleports: Funland, PvP, Parkour, Mob Arena, Firefloor, Hide and Seek, Dungeon Crawl (coming soon), and Empire Games(coming soon). To return back to the main hub, use the command /v lobby.

This server is contains many beautiful architecture, scattered everywhere you look. Before I proceed, I would like to thank the build team and others involved in this server; it’s an incredible addition to the empire. :)

Moving on, this guide will break down those areas and group them into certain categories. Here are 5 individual guides on each area.
    Funland - PvP - Parkour - Hide and Seek - Other Areas
    There is so much fun packed into this one server, I recommend spending an entire day exploring the teleports. I will be releasing each guide one by one, so please be patient for the other areas.

Any suggestions to add to the guide? Post in the comments section below!

2. Funland is a land of imagination and excitement, featuring over 7 mini-games. Challenge your friends in a game of Spleef or dodge blocks in RainbowChin Runner. To warp to the funland hub, enter the green teleport station or type in /v funland.

Immediately after, you will be standing in the Funland hub.
    Games are located to the left and right of the middle.
    On the left, various games of spleef are available as well as staff-hosted events.

The left side contains the games: Spleef, Arrow Spleef, Netherspleef, Creature Capture, Staff Hosted Residence, and a Drop Party Room.
    On the right, Golf, Minebomber and Senior Staff ‘pun’ games are waiting for new players.

This area showcases various other mini-games: Golf, RainbowChin Runner, Chickeneer Invader, B4DMAN5IMON Says, and Minebomber.

Here’s a side note, when there are enough players for a certain game, this message appears to notify other players of your location.

This can be handy to join other players if you are lonely. :(

To exit Funland, remember to use /v lobby command. If the command doesn’t work, there are these helpful quartz stations located around Funland.

From there, you can go back to the Main Hub from the Funland Hub.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let’s begin our adventure by visiting the right side of the hub first, since the better mini-games are located here.

GOLF - SINGLE PLAYER

This mini-game simulated real golf conditions, with shovels as golf clubs and a villager as a ball. (IKR? A villager?) To begin, hit the button straight ahead to obtain multiple golf clubs.
    The different shovels represent the distance your villager will fly. After retrieving clubs, walk to the colored pads. Yellow represents normal difficulty, while red represents a harder difficulty. Beginners should stick with the yellow pad.

Each hole will have a sign to signal the start of a new hole. Underneath the Hole number, the sign has a number to obtain a Par on a hole. Use that number of swings to be a golf Master! Aim across the river and hit the villager! Keep swinging at the villager until you get to a colored hole, like this.

If you selected yellow, the villager goes into the yellow hole. Likewise, if you chose red, the villager will go into the red hole, a smaller hole. When the villager is in the hole, you will receive a paper like this.

The paper signifies that you have completed the 1st hole. Move onto the rest! Other holes will feature Soul sand, bridges, cactus, lava, ice, water, fallen trees, layers of snow, etc. Some holes have a different biome theme: Tundra, mesa, desert, caves, jungle. NOTE: Your villager can die by environmental hazards. If it does, you will have to walk back to the starting area and get a new villager. After completing the 1st nine holes, you can replay them or go back to the Golf Hub. After the 18th hole, the golf course reveals where you started, allowing to access teleports and other information.

In my experience, this mini-game is really fun and drives you to beat your own score. The world and holes are well built, and the creativeness deserves an award. I rate this mini-game 10/10.

RAINBOWCHIN RUNNER - 2+ PLAYERS

Named after the one and only RainbowChin, this minigame uses colored blocks and Chin’s head. And this time, Chin didn't break anything!

The playing field is actually quite small. 9 Lanes of colored blocks are in front of Chin’s head. To survive and win, dodge incoming colored blocks.

If you get hit by colored blocks, you will be sent back to the viewing area, outside of the mini-arena. Last person who didn’t get smooshed by colored blocks wins! :D

Another creative mini-game named after the rainbow Senior Staff. I rate this one, 10/10.

CHICKENEER INVADER - 2+ PLAYERS

Another mini-game named after Chickeneer, he spawns waves of chickens and your team has to destroy them.
    When the game begins, each player is equipped with a bow and 64 arrows. However, when the chickens spawn from the ceiling, they are applied with the Spectral effect, outlining the chickens and making them glow.

If a chicken hits the ground, the whole team loses a life. The team only has 5 lives, but the lives aren’t displayed anywhere on screen. My friends and I have never won a game, so I believe this game is like “how long can you survive?”

Despite the game’s cool and funny mechanics, it suffers from having a goal that lasts, basically forever and no clear way of displaying lives. I rate this one a 7/10.

B4DMAN5IMON Says - 2+ PLAYERS

The entire premise of this game is about the colored blocks. After the game begins, everyone will be transported onto a colored floor. There is one clay block in your inventory. You have approximately 3 seconds to stand on the correct block, surviving the round. If you stand on other colored blocks, they will disappear and you will drop to the floor. Last one standing wins, with a nice shoutout in the chat. Here are some examples.

This is a great mini-game to play with other players. However, due to a limited number of floors, gameplay becomes repetitive and predictable. I rate this one a 9/10.

MINEBOMBER - 4 PLAYERS

This game is hosted in a small arena, with bedrock and glass. 4 players are dispersed in each corner of the arena. You can’t break any blocks with your hands, but you can use TNT! Place the TNT on the ground to activate it. This TNT is different; I believe the block has an increased blast radius. TNT will replenish in your inventory every few seconds.

Use the TNT to kill your opponents and last one alive wins the mini-game. Occasionally, powerups will spawn, indicated by a notification in chat. These powerups look like untextured blocks.
    When you run into them, a potion will appear in your inventory. Speed, invisibility, or resistance effects are the only ones I have seen. (That’s right folks! INVISIBILITY on EMC!). The powerups usually spawn near the middle.

Eventually, the arena will shrink, as indicated by this message. The arena shrinks by one "row" entirely, so stay out of the last lane to avoid suffocation.

I use this strategy to win many Minebomber games. Place one TNT in one area, then run to a different spot. By then, the TNT will replenish for placement. This way, you can clear 2 paths at once rather than just 1. After you have a main path, go in for some kills and the powerups.

This is a very cool mini-game. By using TNT and a tiny labrinyth, this game is a blow-out! However, the TNT is slow at exploding, causing your opponents to run away before it explodes. Really fun game though, 9/10.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the end of the Right Side of Funland. Checkback for the other guides on other areas.
    _Levy_McGarden_ and Jadziaa like this.
  3. NOTE: FFA KITS HAVE CHANGED

Welcome to the PVP Section. To enter the PvP hub, walk to the blue tp station or use the command /pvp to find a new hub.

In the PvP hub, there are 4 directions to walk to. Straight ahead are the FFA games and behind you are the Capture Point Games. To the left, the ‘SMP’ section lies and to the right are coming soon games, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.

FFA GAMES - 5+ PLAYERS

Let’s go to the FFA Games. FFA simply stands for Free For All. In these games, you can pick from 4 kits. You can only use these kits, no access to vault. Each have their advantages and disadvantages.
    [The FFA Kits have changed, so I will release the new graphic for them in a bit.]
    To win, a player needs to achieve a number of 25 kills. There is no leaderboard in these games, so you don’t know if anyone is close to 25. However, at the end of the game, the number of kills you got will be displayed on your screen.

The FFA Arenas are significantly larger than normal PvP arenas. Since I haven’t played FFA much, here is the description of each map, according to the wiki.

SMP GAMES - ANY AMOUNT OF PLAYERS

In the SMP Section, there are 3 portals. Fair, Normal Inventories, and Staff v World.

The Fair and Normal Arenas located on smp6 are the same as the games server. A nice touch to these arenas- their walls are made of barrier blocks instead of glass, making it easier to view the fighting arena. These arenas are open, meaning that anyone, at any time can join an arena. NOTE: You cannot access Enderchests in the Fair and Normal arenas. If you want to transport armor from your home server, you will have to use /vault.

I can’t explain Staff v The World much, but the main thread is right here.

CONTROL POINT GAMES - 10+ PLAYERS

Finally, Control Point is the last area in the PvP hub.

Likewise, I haven’t participated in any of the CP games yet. Since this game requires at least 10 players, we haven’t had a game in here yet. Again, I will refer you to the wiki.

Thanks for viewing everyone!
    _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  4. OTHER AREAS COMING SOON
  5. This sounds EPIC!!!! What creativity!!!! This is an AWESOME EXPANSE!!!
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  6. This needs a look. Hey Ender play more games and an give us another tutorial. That is what brought me on here. Once I read Your tutorials. I felt fine to play and it worked. I love just how you did this...... Do more please and soon!!!! Love ya Bro!!!
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  7. Glad to help. I'm working on the PvP section currently. :)
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  8. Hmmm... I'll recommend something!

Flying PvP

Use redstone flying machines, TNT, bows and melee weapons to be the last one flying! (Kind of a skywars deal, but instead of islands, there's no islands! Instead you spawn on a turning station (that uses pistons to turn the flying machine) and you have to use redstone flying machines to get around. When you get to a turning station you get off, and go to a chest with weapons, TNT, and/or food and you have to get to your machine before it takes off(or wait there and ambush the next person :D))! Well, I hope you at least consider this, as it might sound too wild or too hard to make or something.

EDIT: also if you haven't already added it, skywars!!!
    EDIT: also you might need this: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Flying_technologies
  9. Uh- sorry, but I meant recommend tips and facts that I left out of the guide. Flying PvP and Skywars are not on the games server.
  10. Very helpful guide :D
    Keep up the good work~
  11. UPDATED: THE FFA KITS HAVE CHANGED. I will be creating a new graphic for the FFA kits. :)
  12. oh... okay. :/