Enchanting Is So Disappointing...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dark_Liz, Jan 12, 2012.

1. the enchants have no connection to the phrases. even the minecraft wiki says so. and not to sound communist here or anything, but:
    IF MODERATOR CRAZY1080 SAYS IT, IT MUST BE TRUE!
    viva la animal farm book! i loved that book so much...
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  2. Yes, the translating is very dissapointing, hopefully in a futre update they will mean something.
  3. I want a fire aspect sword :eek:
  4. How much? :D
  5. 50r xD
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  6. I need a "k" in there :rolleyes:
  7. Hmmmm, considering ive bought 1 for 500r, and the fact that Liz pointed out that they are bad.....250r
  8. umm mines diamond so 350r? u get 1300 a day so your not poor...
  9. So, Mrlegitislegit has suggested to me that Fire Aspect is probably not as useless as I think it is.

I love being told I'm wrong about stuff like this. If I'm wrong, that means Fire Aspect can be used. :) That would rock. Like I said, it's a cool effect superficially. I love watching 'em burn, lol. :D

So, is it possible to reliably avoid having the monsters die from the fire? Or do monsters killed by the fire from a Fire Aspect sword actually drop XP? Are my observations that no XP orbs drop totally incorrect?

Some testing is in order it seems.

I did 48 levels of enchanting last night, three diamond swords, 16 levels on each... and I ended up with Smiting on all three of them, and one of them also had Fire Aspect.

Smiting can be useful as there are lots of undead in the game. But I still can't help but feel it was a bit of a waste. Oh well, I can still use them... they're still diamond swords.

And at least I'll be able to test Fire Aspect.

I may be willing to give you a really good deal on that Fire Aspect sword IPwnCreeps. How good of a deal depends on the results of my tests, and how much I end up using it in the process of testing (it'll be free if my testing results show it's actually a curse).

If anyone else would like to do thier own testing and post their results here that would be great. :)
  10. Rich people are poor sometimes too........xD
  11. Im in need of fire aspect, because i know of a mob trap that gets griefed/creepered soooo often, and while im repairing, tons of stuff spawns, and cathcing them on fire buys me ALOT of time, and even if i dont get the xp, i dont really care, ill get 10x the amount when the traps is repaired :D
  12. Willing to sell these boots. Fether fall and blast protection....barely used 2012-01-13_17.04.34.png
  13. As I read on the wiki.
    Mobs do drop XP if the fire is done by your fire aspect sword.
    Although it's better fir PVP than mobs grinding, so it's seem useless here.
    But you can go grind cave spider for XP
    Since the wild world is set in easy, cave spider dont have venom and do half-heart damage per hit to you.
    And I think your sword can one-shot them anyway.
  14. In my creative enchanting tests, which I have done a lot of, the mob ONLY will drop exp, this is not counting death by the SWORD just the fire, is about within 2 sec. If it is over that, then the game will treat it as it randomly caught aflame. However, despite this, fire acsepct is EXTREMELY useful if you are not gathering exp. It deals extra damage, except on the fire proof mobs, and, since it can sometimes lag, MAY, but pretty rarely, the mob will head to water. Also, of YOUR tests, as server results could differ for some reason, than ill have the sword if it turns out to be worthless, at least to you. Just for saying this, my favorite enchantment for sword, is by far, sharpness, as it deals extra damage to ALL mobs. On creative I have a Sharpnees V and Looting IV. Best sword EVER!
  15. -sigh-
    Another enchantment success story... spent 48 levels (couldn't get the 50 to come up on the table) on a sword last night and managed to get knockback 2. Guess I will need a bit more luck to get that looting sword back... or just wait for d1223m to auction one off! :p
    d1223m likes this.
  16. Ok, so my tests have confirmed that monsters killed with Fire Aspect DO drop XP orbs.

I love it when I come to realize I'm wrong about stuff like this! :D

That means Fire Aspect does NOT make your sword cursed. Cool!!

Now I'm, erm, a little reluctant to part with it, lol.

I'll still honour my word, of course, and sell it to you for a good price IPwnCreeps. How much did you say you wanted to pay for it?
  17. Enchanting Is awesome but it takes ALOT of work D:
  18. On an unmodded 1.0 server, I've broken multiple diamond swords, with and without fire enchant, and would say quite firmly that the fire swords, and ONLY the fire swords, definitely cause mobs to regularly NOT drop XP.

If you're using a mob grinder, it's possible that the water from it is blocking much of the fire damage, though I think there is still one tick of fire after the main sword hit, before the mob is extinguished.
  19. So you're saying your observations tell you Fire Aspect causes monsters to NOT drop XP orbs after all?

...I'm so confused. :confused:

I'm sure I saw them drop XP orbs when they died from the fire.

Can anyone else confirm this either way?
  20. Have you heard about the time that I enchanted a diamond pick with levle 49.. and got Silk Touch 1?