Empire Minecraft IRC channel |#EMC on Irc.Esper.Net

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by warchicken, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Come join us and staff at the EMC IRC Chat Room! Talk to staff and other players even when not in game.

Basically an IRC channel where people can chat to players from other SMP's without joining that server.

Join #EMC on IRC.ESPER.NET

Don't know how to connect to an IRC channel?

--> Get an IRC client first!
    • Open source windows/linux/Os X client: HydraIRC (Best)
    • Add-on for Firefox: ChatZilla
    All these clients support basic IRC commands.
    To connect to the Esper network, simply use the 'server' box (Mibbit) , or type /connect irc.esper.net
    Once you're connected to the Esper network, you should register your username first.
    First, choose one, type /nick <username>
    Registering a username
    Use NickServ to register a username. Type: /msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <email>
    You will then receive an e-mail with a registration code. Then type /msg NickServ VERIFY REGISTER <yourchosenname> <the code from the mail>

To login (identify) type: /msg NickServ IDENTIFY <password>
    You can now proceed to join the EMC channel by typing /join #emc

NINJATTILA and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  2. Looks good, I will add it to my list of idle rooms :)
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  3. 13 people on! :)
  4. Just giving this a little bumpity bump, because it's a good channel :D
    bonzd67, Cchiarell6914 and ftyvdryhc like this.
  5. i joined it its pretty cool.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  6. great idea joining it once iget it instaled
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  7. In the 'advanced instructions', I think you missed a # sign in /join #emc
  8. Just giving this thread the little bump it deserves
    Manglex and margaritte like this.
  9. Noones on it anymore??
  10. I am :'(

Next time, try saying someone's name -- we hang out in there, but aren't always looking at that window.
  11. Last time I tried it (when it was announced months ago), it was too much of a small bunch of friends, chatting about things that I knew nothing about.

But I'll give it another try.

An unofficial IRC chan for EMC would be great - as long as the subject is minecraft, and not people chatting about their love-life.

The OP, warchicken, says he doesn't play on EMC any more.

Hm, IDK; maybe I should start up a channel elsewhere? I know how to operate IRC chans.
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  12. No need to BUMP stickied threads.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  13. How do you chat its saying in the game exactly 'Cannot Sent Chat Message and i cant even do the first command by doing /town and cant ask anyone how to make it chat Please Help
  14. Did you finish the tutorial and get 1500 rupees? After that, try /ch t then try /wild then /town again and then do /ch t again. If that doesn't work, disconnect and try /ch t again. If you want to claim a res, do /v open
  15. I go on, but no one responds D:
  16. Same
  17. ok
  18. Most of the time people just idle in the channel. Try saying someone's name if you want their attention. I stay logged into several channels all the time, but I'm not usually paying attention unless someone asks me a direct question or something. If I'm at my computer and have my headphones on then I'll probably respond.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.