Empire Minecraft App

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Porphos, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Good idea?

yes 8 vote(s) 61.5%
no 2 vote(s) 15.4%
in between 3 vote(s) 23.1%
  1. I think it would be cool to have an empire minecraft app for touch devices that would alert you about forums and your inbox and that would let you vote on the device for rupees. Then emc could make a trophy for getting the app. The app would also allow you to use the live map.
  2. Suggested: 9001 Times.
    Jake_bagby and brickstrike like this.
  3. This has been suggested a lot, I want to say somone was working on it over a year ago, would have to do some digging but ya'd have to pay me to find the original thread :p
  4. iPhone/iPod/iPad --> Safari --> Empire.us --> Options (Top left corner) --> Add to Home Screen
    deathconn likes this.
  5. well... i'm almost finished with a minecraft - general calculator, id lister, crafting app - only been deving it for like 3-4 days so far .... if this is just the website turned into an app form - that can take just like few days - or even few hours - there are programs to turn general websites into apps ...
  6. AKA Safari. That's a built in feature..
  7. Just imagin having the chat, your live map, your rupee history, guick-chat functions like "press here to get your player to wastelands".
    Also, you could integrate the website with forums, the guide, messages etc.
  8. Well, it doesn't have to be an app.
    It could just be a mobile version of empire.us.
    Besides, you can save websites to an app :p
  9. Aikar has stated before that Justin has expressed interest in updating empire.us to a new version of XenForo which would give it a responsive view. Basically that means that the site will work heaps better on mobile devices. The staff are also looking into creating some new web side features such as rupee payments etc.

There is no need for an app. And if there is one, Aikar has said this too, it will be community made.
  10. Well, before mba comes in here and says it...I will :p If we ever update to Xenfro 1.2 they have better optimization for mobiles phones and are more responsive, it might not be perfect but it will be a lot better. As for the app, aikar has already stated that him and justin will not be making a mobile app anytime soon....it's in the communities hands basically to do it. :)
    Edit- Ninja'd by mba -.-
    brickstrike and mba2012 like this.