Empire Arenas - Coming soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. In about a week we are going to be launching a new feature called Empire Arenas. This is a heavily modified version of the excellent MobArena plugin that I have been working on. Basically it will be a system where you pick an arena, pick a class (that gives you weapons / armor / food), and fight waves of regular and special mobs (bosses). You will be able to battle alone or team up with other players for strategy. At first they will all just be free arenas but in the future we may add arenas you pay rupees to play in, and win rupees if you do well.

This new feature is going to live at a new server address, arenas.EmpireMinecraft.com (no it's not up yet). There are a few reasons this server is going to be on its own. The first is because this is going to be just for arenas there is no need for your inventories (you can't use outside weapons / armor in arena matches). The second is that at this time Minecraft is not multithreaded so splitting this off will keep it from slowing down the regular server, as well as allowing us to grow more sustainability.
  2. Grrrrreeat!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Botopbopbopbuh Im lovin this idea
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I love this server so much lol :)
    Equinox_Boss and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  5. Equinox_Boss and Beardswell like this.
  6. hey Justin can u think about giving me my own arena to work on
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Justin, Jeremy, you two are fantastic server designers! :)

I visited the arena server briefly the other day and it looks as well set up as the main server. Though I didn't stay long it seemed very professional and functional.

I can't say I enjoyed the social environment at all, but that's not something I would think to hold you two responsible for.

Anyway, nice work!!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.