EMC shop -- Helpful or Harmful?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Soybeen, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Hadn't thought about that aspect of bitcoins yet. lol

This example will be used in American context as I am not familiar how other countries handle this: The United States Treasury can quite literally manufacture as much currency they want each year. Of course some of this is necessary to replace the worn out bills and lost coins that happens daily; but they generally do cap how much is printed because creating to much currency will lower the value of the American dollar. This isn't something bitcoins can do exactly. Although bitcoins do HAVE to come from some other form. Everyone doesn't have a Magic Blue button that every time they press it. They get bitcoins. (Maybe you do :p)
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  2. It's Icc scamming you in his shop.
  3. It's expensive so players can get money,
    If it was cheaper they wouldn't get as much money.
  4. That, and the 1000 rupee cake I heard about earlier, when I've seen it go as low as 15 rupees.
    That's a whopping 13,333% more than vendor sales.
    It's hard to even draw an analogy to help my case, those prices are just too high.
  5. That's kind of contrary to the whole thing:
    Cheaper prices = more money for the users.

I heard somewhere up the thread that cake was being sold for 1000 Rupees.
    That's kind of ridiculous, I'd just go buy 20 diamonds from a vendor, and gain hundreds of cakes through trade.
  6. actually if the prices were lowered in the emc shop then players would have to lower there prices to get people to buy and since there prices had to be lowered the players now make less money from there materials
  7. Not at the prices in the EMC shop.
    If they lowered by as little as 25%, I'm willing to guarantee you that no one will need to lower their prices.
    Back to my cake example:
    You take 25% from 1000 Rupees, you have 750 Rupees.
    I have yet to see someone, in full seriousness, sell cake for more than 750 Rupees.
  8. certain prices at the shop are low and serve as the top price for a few items lowering those would lower the top price decreasing profit from those certain materials we don't need a price drop just spend some time actually looking for a shop or go on the forums and order some from someones supply co.
  9. As a new user in my first few months, I had no idea that leaping on the Forums to ask for items at a lower price was even something worth doing, let alone actually knowing they existed for this manner.

I feel that 99% of items in the Empire Shop are overpriced. Instead of serving as a helpful shop to the community, it serves as a money dump.

Perhaps some other form of currency could be used in the Empire Shop that's generated daily, such as EMC Tokens.
    These Tokens could singularly purchase a variety of items from the Empire shop. Perhaps users were granted only 3 Tokens per day, with the average value on a token being 50 Rupees.

One Token could get you a single diamond, or 5 steaks. 3 cakes, or 50 seeds.
  10. the first part is true and that is its purpose
    the 2nd part is unneeded rupees are practically tokens and are the only currency needed a second currency would cause people converting the 2 over from each other plus the empire shop isnt meant to be bought from since buying from there creates items out of thin air while player shops are farmed harvested or mined by hand (not out of thin air)
  11. So what you're saying is: The EMC shop is not helpful. It is in fact a money dump, that removes Rupees from the economy, and in turn, gives almost nothing to those who purchase from it.

That doesn't sound like a very friendly system.

Tokens would not be able to be converted into Rupees, or the other. You would receive 3 a day, and if you did not use them, they would disappear, and 3 more would be in their place tomorrow.
  12. of course with tokens that could buy a diamond every other day that diamond then would be put into the market lowering the prices of players diamonds in rupees causing the prices to drop due to increased supply and less demand

(someone call volt I can't keep talking to this guy i'm running out of smart stuff to say)
  13. We need 72Volt in here lol.
    jtc0999 likes this.
  14. That's exactly what it is. Despite your concerns on high prices, it takes tens of thousands of rupees each day.

And the tokens are not such a good idea, adding a second currency to the economy wold be nothing but confusing.
    jacob5089 and QuarterStop like this.
  15. All Soybeen seems to be asking is that prices be adjusted so they are painful instead of ridiculously high as most of them are now. I don't see why this can't be done and still maintain a high enough price to encourage player shops.

While it's being discussed, I think some items at Shop are actually priced too low and discourage players from bothering to supply those items. In my time here, I've hardly ever used the Shop and collected nearly all of my own items. There are a few things though, that for the effort it takes to get them, I've just bought from the Shop. Because of the effort to obtain them and their relative value I also wouldn't even attempt to supply them to a shop.
    Soybeen likes this.
  16. Pretty rude and contradictory considering you haven't used a single capital letter or correct punctuation mark.

No idea.
    If you shop at the EMC shop, you're either:

A: New, and blowing all of your money without knowledge
    B: You're on SMP 9 and not a single soul sells diamonds.

Full support.
  17. Or C: A member of any age and wealth and need to get items urgently
    Penguinub and jacob5089 like this.
  18. Perhaps.
  19. these two statements contradict one another.

additionally the shop is there for materials you cant find in stores any longer. they are not based off the actual economy since that fluctuates based off supply and demand of the good. shop also operates unilaterally across the servers while said servers have their own prices for goods. if the shop lowered its prices then people could afford a larger amount from it thus rendering that newb (from your cake analogy) who is selling a single cake ineffective since people who want to buy a dc (as so many commonly do) will either buy from there or make it themselves once he is out.

since shop has infinite supply its psychic value of the mass quantities it can potentially sell are also high.
  20. Plus, the shop is the only spot for Bat eggs, I forgot that earlier.