EMC Riddle Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by samsimx, Jul 12, 2013.

1. A 12 inch ruler?
  2. What has a boot, but doesn't live?
  3. Uh... don't the people from the U.K. call the trunk of a car a boot?
  4. Yep. :D
  5. In a contest, four fruits (an apple, a banana, an orange, and a pear) have been placed in four closed boxes (one fruit per box). People may guess which fruit is in each box. 123 people participate in the contest. when the boxes are opened, it turns out that 43 people have guessed none of the fruits correctly, 39 people have guessed one fruit correctly, and 31 people have guessed two fruits correctly. How many people have guessed three fruits correctly, and how many people have guessed four fruits correctly
  6. Piano?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. Correct : )
  8. The answer is [SYSTEM] she boots Jack and others but isn't technically alive(from what I know).
  9. 10 people have guessed all 4 correctly; it's impossible to only get 3 right :)
    Edit: Unless they're really, really dumb. But in that case, there's not enough information to konw.
    sqiggleyjeff likes this.
  10. This makes me think of math class all over again.
    HylianNinja likes this.
  11. Blaaaargh, Its one of "those" problems.
  12. Correct
  13. A man walk up to and says, "everything I tell you is a lie" is he telling the truth or lying?
  14. He is telling the truth because, if he told you he was lying, he would be lying, therefore he would be telling the truth
  15. This is the part where the evil computer explodes right?
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. Actually he is lying
  17. I haven't seen this one yet so...

What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the afternoon, and 3 legs at night?
  18. Then he would be telling the truth.
    I found this on google:
    "He is lying!
    If that statement is true it means that "EVERYTHING he says is a lie". That includes the statement itself. Therefore the statement that he just said can NOT be true which is a contradiction!!
    Therefore the statement is false and so he is lying!!"

Well, i've never felt more stupid in my life
  19. A man.
    The different times of day represent his life.
    Morning is when he is a baby, when he is crawling.
    Afternoon is middle of life when he is walking.
    Night is an old man when he uses a cane.