EMC Frontier City

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Raaynn, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Would you join into an EMC outpost?

Yes! 6 vote(s) 66.7%
No! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Not sure. 3 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Just thinking out loud, and wondering why not one EMC Frontier City right at a spawn? Having just started to work at some outposts myself, wouldn't it be neat to have one open to all members with fixed lot sizes, and run maybe by Simon and the build team?

Could attract a lot of the younger and/or newer players to join the Frontier movement, get some practice, try some builds...

Anyhow, just a thought brewing in this empty head 'o mine...
  2. Good Idea but I dont see why fixed lot sizes would be good since then it kinda defeast the purpose and you go back to plots in town. I think a better idea is you tell a staff member that you want to build and where and then you will be able to build in that area. Lets say you want to build on a mountain. The staff might give you build anywhere very near the mountain.
    Raaynn and FadedMartian like this.
  3. I feel like this isn't good... its just plain awesome!!! ;) Great idea no doubt :)
    Raaynn and FadedMartian like this.
  4. This actually is not a bad idea, and I do see the appeal for it. However, a few things:
    • The outpost could not be right off of spawn - staff, like players, are held to the same outpost rules. We have to establish at least 5k blocks out and 3k blocks from any other nearby outposts. However, with a little bit of work on a reliable transportation system, this shouldn't be an issue to create a fast method to and from the outpost.
    • Similar projects have been attempted by other players. While it is true that Staff can reach a wider audience of players, and get more players involved, these player ran outposts have gained a lot of appeal and are still fairly active. In addition, just as many (if not more) player outposts that have tried to do this, have failed in the process, due to various reasons. This leads into my next point...
    • The Staff that takes this on would have to realize that this is a large responsibility, with a lot of work involved. Setting up the outpost and managing it from that point forward would be a lot of work, and would take much effort on the part of the staff involved. Whether or not any staff members would be willing to take on this responsibility, I do not know.
    However, I will poke a few other Staff that I think may be able to run this, and see if they would be willing to start this. No promises, but I will see what I can come up with. :)
    Raaynn likes this.
  5. My thoughts on this were based on a simple fact for the number of potential people...if lots get too big then later members will end up way out in the wild... far travel time. For larger builds and such then people should be thinking of personal or private outposts.

This outpost being "public" would need to be open to all members with no application requiement... basically a new "town" but in the wild... so there needs to be some size restrictions i think
  6. Yes!!! Specially for people you just join and want to be a join someones "town"....

This could be a new wave of new player retention. Once apart of this city they'll over time learn more about EMC and how unique it is... This should be outside the reset area from one of the new spawns...

That way when someone joins people can direct them to this very easy to get to location...
  7. Maybe if this did happen, Have it a bit out, and then allow for new players able to TP to there (If they want to get back, take the subway). This would be allowed for them to TP there for up to say a week from when they join. It will help give them the feel of living in the wild and town, and then the future they can decide if they want to join a player ran outpost or not.