Elder Scrolls MMO announced!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ateamfan, May 3, 2012.

1. After much request from fans, FINALLY, there will be an Elder Scrolls MMO. Called Elder Scrolls Online, it's going to be set a thousand years before Skyrim, and will involve the daedric god Molag Bal pulling his dirty tricks over Tamriel. A trailer will be released tomorrow (May 4th) and the game is coming next year for PC and Mac.

So what do you guys think? Have you been begging for adventures in Tamriel with your buddies? Or will this ruin the deep single player we've all loved? And what about console players? Should we get our own version? Tell us!
  2. I do not feel happiness for a ESO. :( I was captivated by Oblivion for the amazing SP RPG that it was... I have YET to close even 1 Oblivion gate but I am super involved in collecting every treasure from any abandoned mine or ruins and all of the Daedric God alters :)
    So much fun stuff to do on the side quests. I love the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild missions. :D
    kilmannan likes this.
  3. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????? We have been waiting for almost 2 years for Fallout 4, then they do this? First they come out with Skyrim. Woop Dee Doo. Then we are promised a Fallout MMO. Then they cancelled it. Now THIS???? I really hope they have 2 teams, or I will lose all interest in Bethdesa
  4. Bethesda's parent company Zenimax Online Studios are in fact making TESO. Matt Firor (The Title’s director) stated “It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years,” suggesting Zenimax has actually been working on it for quite some time now. The story of TESO will contain 3 factions waging war over the land of Cyrodiil and will focus on Molag Bal's attempts to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! *insert deadric god laughter here*
    Yukon1200 and ISMOOCH like this.
  5. I seriously hope they're not doing this INSTEAD of a new great single-player Elder Scrolls title. I loved Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim for what they were, and I don't want to have to play the next one in multi-player mode! *sobs*
  6. NOBODY CARES ABOUT FALLOUT?
  7. I do, but not the Fallout mmo. I don't think Bethesda did a good job with Fallout 3. Obsidian did a much better job in New Vegas, and the mmo will probably be done by Bethesda.
  8. lolwut? Fallout3 was much bette than Vegas. THe after-war production of the world wasnt bad, but Fallout3 Felt bigger, and more apocalyptic than New Vegas did.
  9. Yes, ESO has potential to be... not good. But it does have potential to be AWESOME as well.
  10. What would be more amazing is for them to simply add the ability to play the already made games online. Like the Fable games, where you could have a friend join your world.
  11. New Vegas was more like a Fallout game. Fallout 3 was like a random post apocalyptic game. Also F3 didn't have any annoying NCR people to shoot.
  12. I'm pretty sure they werent trying to be THAT close to the fallout series, other than the name. Plus, they put a lot more effort into the lore than new vegas did. Seeing as they literally write every word in al lthe books in the game, which is a very big task. Vegas may have stayed more true to the idea, but F3 definitely added more to the universe.
  13. Actually they were, and they did a better job of getting closer to the old ones. Seeing how some of the people who made Obsidian were people from Black Isle. Fallout 3 was a nice little unrelated thing, while New Vegas was connected to the old ones. Also New Vegas didn't need mods to get rid of GfWL and that annoying green tinge.
    MEINCRAVTA likes this.
  14. I agree that New Vegas should have been the third title, and F3 a spinoff type thing.
  15. F3 was small, it stayed true to the pattern of vault dweller, but didn't tie in at all to the other titles. The content was limited, whereas FNV was a lot bigger. Im not asking for a Fallout MMO, the only reason people wanted that was because it was fallout. Im asking for Fallout 4. Not Fallout: New China or Fallout :Tactics 2. Im asking for Fallout 4. It would be AWESOME if they added co-op of any sort though.