E.M.C. mumble

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pat2011, Apr 15, 2012.

1. I was wondering if there was a emc mumble server or if we could set something like that up?
  2. We don't have anything called a 'mumble' server... What is this?
  3. Its sort of like ventrillio you can get like a channel type thing i dont knwo if you costs money but you can talk to people on it http://www.mumble.com/
  4. Similar to TeamSpeak?
  5. We are considering adding some sort of "voice chat" in the future :) Not sure if it will be Mumble, TS, etc. So far Mumble is leading in my mind because of how easy it is to integrate it with our platform (usernames / permissions / etc).
  6. yes like teamspeak
  7. He wants a voice chat server for EMC. I thought somebody had something... but I don't remember. Posting our names for a skype confab would be cool too.
  8. Technically that should be a voice, not avoice... The spelling ninja strikes again!
    (Reference to another thread)
    IPwnCreeps and alexschrod like this.
  9. >.> Typo's dont count !
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  10. Awesome, a moderator who cares about proper use of language!
    smile3 and SecretAznEks like this.
  11. I have a mumble server setup for EMC currently, server is: Aikar.co

yes, short and sweet

though justin is investigating making an official one.
    margaritte likes this.
  12. I would like this, even though there are some people who would not. It should definitely be an optional thing, and maybe there could be a separate channel for voice chatting? And how would spam and caps be regulated?
  13. If we decide to do a voice chat it would be moderated by the current moderators (if they feel like being in it) and possibly other special moderators we trust with the responsibility.
    Malicaii12 and brandop123 like this.
  14. caps in voice chat?:confused::confused::confused:
  15. Caps = Yelling