Double Chest Full of Diamonds

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by ericsouth, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since everyone else has weighed in, I figure I can too. At least I made a bid.

The auctioner has a right to set the starting price as high or low as they want with increments as high or low as they want. A bidder, in turn, will either be motivated to bid or not. Simple as that. Sure, I've seen plenty of dirt auctioned lately for ridiculous prices and people throwing bids out just to bid. A lower starting bid or lower increments would have just encouraged junk bids. Imagine a 1r starting bid, 1r increment auction on this chest with a 72 hour end time. If anything I would have stopped bidding sooner out of boredom or the spamminess of the thread, but most likely we all would have bid up to our limits and the seller would get the same amount.

100k for this would have hardly been a rape. I would have bought it outright for more than that, so I bid. When the bidding passed my limit, I stopped bidding. Simple as that.
    topdawg657, jkjkjk182 and Dwight5273 like this.
  2. The criteria for bidding should be: Is it worth more than that?

rather than: Ouch. 100k is a lot of Rupees. Start it a 50k so I can bid it back up to 100k to make myself feel better.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Delete that post or at least half because right now the current bid is 142k i believe.
  4. That doesnt make sense. Also, he cant delete anything, this is an auction forum.
    Dwight5273 and Pab10S like this.
  5. You know how I know you don't know what you're talking about? I'll give you two hints: 1) Read the previous posts. 2) This is an auction thread.
    jkjkjk182 and Dwight5273 like this.
  6. oh yeah. I forgot he can't. Well I am sorry for telling you what to do even though you can't do it.
  7. I still wouldn't even if I could, since the current state of the auction is irrelevant to my comment. You see, there are two threads within this thread. One is an auction. The other is a discussion regarding whether the starting bid was too high.
    Jeanzl2000, Ethereum and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. the 100k that price is low 28r par diamond is pretty cheap i would say what do you guys what it to be 15r per diamond ?????
  9. I'm pretty sure i won :)

Hurray
  10. k you won for 152,044 come to 12441 for the diamonds on september 29 at 4:00 PM
  11. scrap that idea just go to 12441 and take the diamonds on smp6. right now i have 117,039r so i will no if you pay me or not thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.