Dim5678's Weekly Math Competition (WMC)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dim5678, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Problem 3:
    Put 3 boxes on each side of the scale. If one weighs more, remove the other two sets of three boxes. If they weigh the same, remove the two sets that were weighed.
    Put 1 of the remaining 3 boxes on each side of the scale. Repeat steps above. The only remaining box contains the paper.
    IGN: Defne_b_ded
  2. Is this just a ruse to get people to do your math homework?
    w0rld_craft3r and princebee like this.
  3. Problem#: 2
    Answer: I believe X=11
    IGN: X7mx
  4. Also, can we suggest problems for following challenges? A suggestion would of course exclude us from winning, and be based on the trust that I wouldn't simply tell my friends the answer. Though, if you ask my friends, I would have much more fun making them try to guess it than cheating the system.
  5. You can, but you will have to pm me for it.
  6. Are you sure you meant to answer problem 2 :p It looks more like the answer to problem 1
  7. No, trust me. I got these online, but don't bother googling it, they're from a chinese site.:p
  8. Yes! excellent work. Problem one, not 2.
  9. Was mine right? :3
  10. Problem #3: There are 9 cushioned boxes that looks and weighs exactly the same. Jack puts one slip of paper in one of the boxes, then mixes the boxes up again. Using only a scale with no weighs or anything else, how can you find the box with the slip of paper in it while using the scale the least amount of times?

Problem#: 3
    Answer:

Explanation

make towers of 3 the boxes and measure the one that weight the most passes to the second test
    ill measure 2 of the boxes is one is heavier than the other, then is that one, if both measure the same the on with the slip will be the one i didn't measure

In other words(although is number, lel!):5

IGN: you can just look that(<---)way but if you cant for some reason, it is tuqueque
  11. Not telling!:D
    -Dim5678 from Korea.
  12. First round ends in 2 days!