Digital Painting! ?! maybe

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by ThePenguino, Jun 20, 2015.

1. In case you all don't want to read all that mess down there, here's the final result

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, I'm pretty new to EMC and recently discovered this artists corner so I wanted to post something up. I normally do traditional art but decided to give a go at some digital painting. Here is something I have so far and lets see how far I go (before I give up!) I will update as I keep going.

Trying to adapt traditional painting onto a tablet is such a struggle. So many brushes :(
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1 (About 5 minutes later):

This is what I have so far, just adding more details on the mountains and stuff. Also added more stuff on the left side so it doesn't look like a blurry mess. Lets see how this goes, I'm actually really lost as to what to do right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2 (About 10 minutes later):

Felt like this took too long for what I actually accomplished :/ Starting to rethink about starting this project.

Just added some more detail to the left side (An attempt at blurring with a brush but it still looks like a bunch of lines)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3 (About 20 minutes later):

Alright, so I just blurred and added some more details (foliage). Its coming along pretty well and I can see the general direction its headed towards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 4 (About 10 minutes later):

Just some more details over the existing

Update 5 (About an Hour later):

I got really into it and completely forgot about updating it step by step. I changed a lot of things as I progressed. First I added a mountain in the middle because it felt empty and to accompany it, I raised the horizon line for a better perspective on the land. The small crevice on the right now has a waterfall to add for more details. I also smoothed out the painting as best as I could but it's still somewhat choppy (lots of lines). Traditional painting and digital painting are really too different and I guess I'll have to settle with this for my first digital painting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update 6 (About 10 min later)

Added some water reflections.

Final Update (About 1 min later):

Darkened everything + signature. I'm sure it could be a lot better with more refined textures, but that's for when I get better.
    jay2a and Agent_Creeper23 like this.
  2. It looks really great. :) What did you use?
    ThePenguino likes this.