Derelict Protection Service

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by azoundria, Oct 7, 2014.

?

Would You Order Derelict Protection?

Yes! I Need This! 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Yes I Would 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Most Likely 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe 1 vote(s) 14.3%
No I Can Just Log In Myself 4 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. I notice a lot of people who have lost good work on their residences because things come up in life. There are many important things like work and school which can creep up or unforeseen circumstances can leave you unable to log in and play.

I also notice that derelict vouchers go for many hundreds of thousands of rupees. The alternative is to pay with a credit card which many people don't have access to.

My thinking was to offer a service where I would automatically log into EMC regularly on your account when you are away. The service would automatically kick in when you haven't logged in for 3 days or a period you specify. The cost would be 100 rupees/day, which is the same 100 rupees that come for the daily bonus anyways. As such, it would be effectively free.

I wanted to get feedback on this idea, and see if people would be interested in such a service.
  2. I think that'd be too trusting towards another player, maybe change it from logging in to vote for them once every 25 days
    fishmeal likes this.
  3. I'm thinking about this.

Obviously, it would cost more because I'm losing my voting income. It would also have to be paid upfront. I suppose that's the same as a derelict voucher anyways.

In terms of a revenue model, I would probably simply charge 9k one-time, which includes regular monitoring and covers up to 100 votes. Is that a better service?
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. I would actually take you up on the 9k one-time payment for 100 days of voting if you offer it, I never keep up streaks so if you do want some extra money, I'd love it! Just one or two sites per day so you'd still get a good bit of income of course :)
  5. If this is the service of logging into the account (sharing passwords) it is not allowed to be promoted on EMC.

I advise you switch the OP to the proposed method of voting in order to prevent this thread from being closed down.
  6. I know people who have requested temporary derelict protection from staff because they knew they would be prolonged period of time. If someone will be gone for a while for good reasons, our staff can be (and are) very understanding in those cases. :D