Copy of world wont open, HELP? CORRUPT?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kryarias, Jun 20, 2019.

1. I'm still going to mess with it tomorrow and see if I cant somehow fix it, but I can't promise anything. I'm curious as to what caused it to corrupt like it did. What exactly happened before it stopped working?
    Kryarias likes this.
  2. So I went onto it in 1.14 like I always do because I was playing with some stuff and then when I tried to go on with 1.12.2 it would not let me which is funny cause I have done that many times before and yes I read the notices before I did it but I assumed it would be fine cause it has been before. I also clicked like Make a backup and load but idk where the backup is.
  3. So I just found the backup and when I tried loading it I had to use task manager to get out
  4. Ah ok so did you open this world in 1.14 and place any blocks? If so then thats probably why

If not then once you go forward you can't go back meaning that because you went to 1.14 you now cant play it in 1.12.2

This is my knowledge but i may be wrong
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. The copy of the world you sent me works in 1.14.2.
  6. Hmm for me it didn't, but its still corrupt so I cant get my builds back.
  7. When I opened the world in 1.14.2 there were builds in the world and I wasn't getting the corrupted chunk errors. I don't know if they were what you needed, but I can attach screenshots if you want.
  8. Just tried again and thats the world! Without some of my builds but its fine thanks so much for your help
  9. It's no problem. If that is your build world keep regular backups of it. Just copy and paste the world folder into a separate location (such as your documents folder or your desktop). That way if something happens, you don't lose a lot of progress.
    FadedMartian and Kryarias like this.