Cooking with Comander

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Gaming_Comander, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Quarantie Chronicles #4 is here and I'd like to introduce the long overdue Cooking with Comander segment. Cooking has always been a hobby I liked to pursue but with writing, schoolwork, and career searching in the way, I was never able to. It wasn't until quarantine started that I began cooking, and I'm here to share the recipes with you all so you can try them at home, I'll try and include pics as much as possible, and while some of these recipes will be my own, others will be ripped from my Overwatch Cookbook or from the depth of the internet. My next post will be a recipe for Blueberry Cobbler so stay tuned for that!
  2. Recipe #1: Blueberry Cobbler
    Blueberry Cobbler is Peach Cobbler's underrated cousin, that incorporates the sweet taste of blueberries with the oh so delicious batter. The recipe is quite simple and feel free to substitute blueberries for pretty much any other berry. Blackberries, strawberries, you name it! With that being said let's get right into the recipe:

Ingredients:
    3 Cups of Blueberries (can be subbed for any berry)
    1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
    1 1/4 cup of sugar
    1/ 1/2 cup of flour
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
    1/2 cup of melted butter
    1 cup of milk

Steps:

1) Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
    2) Butter your baking dish well, make sure everything has butter
    3) In a bowl, add the blueberries, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup of the sugar
    4) Coat the blueberries in the sugar
    5) In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and rest of the sugar.
    6) Add the butter and milk to the dry ingredients
    7) Stir until everything is combined. The batter can be a little bit lumpy rather than smooth which happened to me but trust me that's a good thing.
    8) Pour the blueberries onto the dish followed by the batter
    9) Shake the dish gently so the batter can reach the bottom and coat the blueberries
    10) Bake for 30 minutes or until browned.
    11) Cool for 5 minutes

If done correctly then you have a delicious blueberry cobbler that will make you jump in the air and swear that it is the best thing ever like I did. Here's a picture of how mine looked like and I hope that you will share your creations with me on the thread too! Good luck baking!