[clairification needed] Halloween Armors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KatydidBuild, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Locating the wiki page regarding the Halloween Armor requires a search of the wiki, as it is tucked in under Miscellaneous drops. Suggest adding a link for the Halloween section.
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/halloween-town-armor-drop/

Secondly, there is no mention of white armor, just the orange and the black. However, there seems to be some white armors out there with an FFFFFF coloring code. Can this be confirmed?

Or are these another type of armor that I have not yet located a mention of?
  2. there are pure black and pure white orange armor that is not obtainable in minecraft without commands from the holloween town mob drops. i have multiple pieces on display at 16150 i believe if you want to check them out in game.
  3. :eek: I did Not know there was the pure white ones! I must stop by and check them out. =D
  4. oops sorry typo from when i was at work lol
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  5. So these white ones that I have with the weird color codes.
    What might they be?

Preview chest on 8 at 17971 promo shop area.
  6. Wierd, I had not seen or heard of the white ones... which year was that?

Only obtained black and orange.
  7. I am not sure there was white Halloween armor, just black and orange. Where did you see white? That may just be dyed armor of some sort

FFFFFF is a vanilla obtainable color, while the 2 Halloween armors were custom colors
  8. yeah it was a typo lol
    crystaldragon13 and JesusPower2 like this.
  9. when I use pure white dye, I cannot get FFFFFF as a color

and if it was any unenchanted Padded Armor, would there still be anything left? I mean doesn't it use itself up?
    Raaynn likes this.
  10. I will have to check. White is supposed to be FFFFFF so not sure. Maybe a change from when it was still bonemeal? And while leather gets used up, you can still combine pieces to repair them so that may be the answer

But for them being from the Halloween event, I am pretty certain they are not

Nb. Also some older promos carry the ffffff color, such as the independence armor
  11. Yes, so it seems color codes changed in 1.12, meaning that white used to be ffffff, and black was 191919. Apparently these colors are no longer craftable, but this is a minecraft change, nothing to do with Halloween armor
  12. Couldn't figure out why anyone would unenchant padded fur or independence day gear, or even if it was possible. Now this makes more sense.

So some of the leather armor is "retro"
    How very fun.
  13. Lol, yes Retro Armor.

After checking it looks like I need retro white helmet and boots
    KatydidBuild and FadedMartian like this.
  14. I suspect that this explains an additional black color code armor that I found.
    the transition from ink sac to black dye?
    I will locate it and confirm. Could also be that those color codes got all jello'd in my mushy brain :confused:
    FadedMartian and Raaynn like this.
  15. Yes, black 191919 is the other discontinued color. Working on adding the sets to the Archive museum. Black is complete
    FadedMartian and KatydidBuild like this.