Can't log into minecraft :(

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Jennypoo10, Apr 13, 2012.

1. I have the regular minecraft version that you download off of minecraft.net. Is there something bad in the ".minecraft" folder that I should delete? Should I turn ALL of my security settings off?
    I have AVG and a windows vista laptop.
    jrm531 likes this.
  2. By version, I meant what version number (eg. 1.2.4 or 1.2.5.) I would assume that your version number is 1.2.4 by what you are saying. When you reinstalled Minecraft, did you delete the .minecraft then download or did you just download Minecraft?
  3. Everyone's suggestions so far are good suggestions. If you are having problems updating Minecraft, this isn't an issue with EMC and has nothing to do with any server resets here.

I can't really think of any additional suggestions except maybe to do a little searching for an answer at minecraftforum.net. You could have an issue with a firewall or with your ISP, though, and there's little anyone here can do about it. I once had cable internet and the cable provider gave me a bad/cheap modem that made it difficult to download anything. I bought a new modem and the problem went away.
  4. I don't see why you would need to turn AVG off but you can try it to see what happens.
  5. If your download freezes when downloading close it and just keep redownloading mine does that takes 2-8 times :L nothing you can do really just keep trying
  6. Is my minecraft surpose to be update to 1.2.5? It might be something with the update messing it up. Am i surpose to click No to update or yes? Either way it still freezes
    jrm531 likes this.
  7. do a clean wipe
  8. You can update if you want, You don't need to.
  9. you need to delete the whole .minecraft directory probably force updating doesnt always work but most of the time it does b4 u reset the .minecraft directory pull the server list and ur saves out and put them on desktop :D easiest way to get to that directory is by opening texture pack button in the mc launder under texture packs then going up a directory and deleting that whole folder

hopefully this helps :p
  10. I can't get to the menu where it has the texture pack area because it gets frozen at the part where it says "done downloading". It doesnt even reach the MOJANG screen lol. But I've already done a clean swipe like 5 times and it keeps getting stuck in the same place
    jrm531 likes this.
  11. how much allocated ram do you have.. b4 even that how much ram do you have

steps:
    1 open start button
    2 right-click computer
    3 go to properties
    4 view specs and look for RAM or internal memory

list here also

what grafix card do you have? i doubt this is affecting it

also.. update java or reinstall it you might have the wrong bit one aka
    running 32bit on a 64bit computer :D
  12. I have 2.00GB ram and its a 32-bit operating system. I have no idea how to find what my graphics card is xD. But I'll update or redownload java. Thank you c:
    jrm531 likes this.
  13. It is saying "Fatal error occured (4):Connection Reset -retrieving: lwjgl.jar 7%" Please help D:.
    it said this after i launched minecraft after i downloaded Java again. It still is messed up.:confused:
    jrm531 likes this.
  14. It got past the MOJANG screen! :D thank you so much everyone for helping me fix it. The java was the problem i think.
    jrm531 and EdmundWayne like this.
  15. score! I almost thought you were a lost cause there for a second :p
    Jennypoo10 likes this.