Can somebody help me with my terrain file?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by nerone94, Mar 7, 2012.

1. So I have been running Ovos rustic texture pack terrain file, with a few other items such as armor etc. THe issue is, the terrain file does not have the jungle biome textures on it. I found a contiuation of the pack, but it has several things added that I do not want. So I went into paint, and tried to copy paste the stuff that needed to be where it was in the newer terrain. When I loaded the textuer pack everthing seemed to work perfect, except now the torches hada white background that extended in 3 dimensions outwards.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or if I am unable to do it myself, can somebody do it for me?
  2. it sounds like paint doesn't save an alpha channel in the file type you're saving to (i'm guessing it's a .PNG file) - have you noticed anything with glass ? (alpha-channel means transparency)

I'm not familiar with paint except the windows 3.1 version, i imagine they've updated since then. You could try the GIMP, it's a free paint program and there's a version available for windows. http://www.gimp.org/
  3. I assumed White was the transparent background and that it would load it with no issue. THe background is appearing in dirt, wheat and wood now for some reason. I will try to use Gimp to see if paint isn't preserving the transparency for some reason.