[BUG] Elytra Scoot Mode

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CraftyCosmic, Dec 30, 2017.

1. If a player goes to a corner of town with an elytra, then gets stuck on a wall, waits until the server tries to move them to spawn (AKA when new chunks load), then go to any other server. This causes the player to be stuck in elytra mode. I got it to work on SMP7 by going to the negative X positive Z corner of town and going to the tutorial server. After I got stuck, I went to spawn, and home, and I was still in Elytra Scoot mode.

NOTE: More testing is required. This could be client side only, but the player can scoot on the ground with this (hence the name of the bug)
  2. SUMMARY BECAUSE IT'S LONG: It's probably because you TP when gliding to a place where you can't glide, and then you glitch in the ground.

OMG! So my spawn on my first res is from 255 blocks. I went to the side of town and went down the left side until I found a corner, and then went into the corner. It said, "Where are you going?" but it didn't say anything else! Normally when you go into the wall on the side of town, it says, "Where are you going?" but it ALSO says, "We couldn't find a safe spot blah blah blah back to spawn." without actually TPing you. If you go to the corner, that message isn't there. I went to the corner, then to the tutorial place and it was like I was swimming in the ground. THIS IS HILARIOUS! However, I tried it again and I went to SMP7 and it didn't work.

It must have something to do with Where were you going? There's a difference when you go in the corner.

NOW HERE'S WHAT I FOUND! I did a jump from 255 blocks and went soaring then immediately TPed to the tutorial place and I could scoot around. It's like your wobbly gliding except you can aim in all directions, you can just have your feet out of the ground! And then when I hit a slab or something, it TPed me back to the spawn of the tutorial place- AND it gave me my elytra and fireworks back. They weren't there when I TPed. But go in F5, it's a lot of fun. ;)

Nice find!

I think I found it. Okay, so I just tried it again to the /games server. I think it had to do with the Glide Flag being off. You can't glide so it stops you but you are in glide position still... So it cannot finish the glide because it's off.

The actual glitch, you sometimes blink and what's been happening to me is either I'm slowly walking in the ground or I'm stopped, but either way, it's like your feet are a pivot point for the camera and you can pivot around the bottom of your feet. So you can go straight up, swim in the ground, or go straight down.

Okay, I paused my game to type and I started moving. You can stop swimming by going into a corner. I clicked my W Key a few times to try and move again and I popped out of the ground. (Still on the games server)

Okay, so I just tried it... I went from SMP3 to the tutorial WITHOUT going all the way to the side of town and I got the glitch, but I wasn't moving and glitching, just in one place. Then I got my stuff back and then one second later I was TPed to the middle of spawn, normal. And then it reset the EMC connection.

Tried going to different servers... I went to SMP2. When you spawn in a new server after a glide in another you are flat in the ground glitching when you spawn but when everything loads you pop right out. I think you have to be in a no-glide place, like the tutorial or games server.

Good job Ethy202! I'm editing this into one post because I've already made to many. xD
  3. Yeah, I've only done it once, and it has been extremely hard to replicate.
  4. Just performed this on SMP1. This occurred after I dropped my elytra past the worldborder. So this glitch does not need the elytra to activate.

Works with /shopworld

EDIT : I will be on SMP1 shopworld

EDIT 2 : This is seriously broken and could be even more busted in the wild/waste for travel.
  5. Thought the staff fixed it.... There was a similar bug before that did the same thing.
  6. Exactly the same?
  7. Well, shopworld doesn't have the glide flag off... So back at square one...
  8. Yeah. The best way to fix this is to deactivate flight in all teleport locations. Wild Spawnpoints, Waste towers, town spawn, shopworld, and... residences? Oh. How should this be fixed?
  9. Well, it's not exactly game-breaking... It happens with and without I suppose... Probably just don't allow teleportation while gliding or wearing an elytra.
  10. ok that works. elytra scoot mode does allow high speed movement with little to no input
    q1zx likes this.