Bookstore and Museum

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ChickenButler, Apr 19, 2015.

1. This is a new bookstore that sells enchanted books. I was contracted to build it for HavokGrizzly. It is located on smp6 res 12993.

I started with the bookstore and the general theme that it should look like a university such as Oxford. Here are some views of the exterior.

The main purpose was to have an "enchanted book" store. The first floor became the bookstore and ended up having enough space for all the books to be sold.

So that the front facade exterior would like correct, I had to make it 3 stories tall. Had I know that the facade would like 2 old guys with beards, I probably wouldn't have used it. Since the 1st floor was enough for the bookstore, I had to figure our what to put on the 2nd and 3rd floor. I feel that a build includes both an exterior and an interior. I actually spent more time on the interior than the exterior. Havok wanted an office so I started with that.

I decided to use the rest of the 2nd floor and all of the 3rd floor to make a museum. There are plenty of great promo museums, so I decided to make a museum of Natural History instead because I like those museums a lot. I didn't have a lot of room to work with so some of the exhibits are kind of cheesy and lame but it went along with the original theme of a university look and feel and tried to make it as authentic as possible.

On the 2nd Floor, I have exhibits of Neanderthals, Woolly Mammoths, and Saber-Toothed Tigers. This covers 10,000 to 40,000 years ago.

On the 3rd floor, I went farther back in time (65 million to 150 million years ago) and have exhibits of a Stegosaurus, a Triceratops, a Ceratosaurus, an Ankylosaur, and everyone's favorite, Tyrannosaurus Rex. These dinosaurs I largely copied from images I found on the internet but they helped me understand how to make them so I could make the Woolly Mammoth and Saber-Toothed Tiger myself, which of course are not as good as the dinosaurs. Having a height limit of 6 blocks was tough for the saber-toothed tiger. On the 3rd floor, you can even climb up to the catwalk and see the dinosaurs from above.

I really enough creating this and I hope you enjoy it also. Please come to the res (SMP6: 12993) and take a look. There is a lot to explore on the inside and Havok has several types of books for sale. I apologize if parts of it feel crowded or cramped. I didn't plan it all out from the beginning so I had to squeeze some of the exhibits in Sorry for the lame science facts but dinosaurs are quite fascinating.

Cheers
    ChickenButler
    karatekick2001, cdjs1987 and jkrmnj like this.
  2. I am always amazed at builds like these that manage to utilize all of their space while also looking really good. Great job!
    ChickenButler likes this.
  3. Great build ill have to check it out next time im on smp6
    ChickenButler likes this.
  4. Thanks!
    Thanks!